What to do before selling S61 Mk 1?

AMD
AMD Member Posts: 59 Member

Hi everyone!

Is there anything in particular I need to do before selling my KK S61 Mk1 keyboard?

Just to be clear, I'm just selling the keyboard, not any software. I'd like to continue using my software (Komplete 10 Ultimate) with my new S88 keyboard.

Thanks in advance.

Best Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

This post has all the info you need.

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/1445/all-you-need-to-know-about-license-transfer

Do not that when selling hardware? Any software that came bundled with it will be available to the purchaser, but as stated, the original owner (that would be you) gets to keep that bundled software. If your K10 was a seperate purchase from the KB, it should not be affected.

• AMD
    Answer ✓

Thank you very much for your help!

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert
    Answer ✓

@AMD

There is subnote there:

Please note that there are a few exceptions with older products. For these products, the software license shows a tag that the license has to be transferred to the new user by our Account Support team 

I do not know, if S61 MK1 is "older" or "newer" product. And also if in case of "older" product bundled SW stays at sellers account or not.

But anyway you have K88 and SW bundled with it, so there should be no problem with Base Product (Komplete Select) for K10U Upgrade.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

This post has all the info you need.

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/1445/all-you-need-to-know-about-license-transfer

Do not that when selling hardware? Any software that came bundled with it will be available to the purchaser, but as stated, the original owner (that would be you) gets to keep that bundled software. If your K10 was a seperate purchase from the KB, it should not be affected.

• AMD
    Answer ✓

Thank you very much for your help!

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert
    Answer ✓

@AMD

There is subnote there:

Please note that there are a few exceptions with older products. For these products, the software license shows a tag that the license has to be transferred to the new user by our Account Support team 

I do not know, if S61 MK1 is "older" or "newer" product. And also if in case of "older" product bundled SW stays at sellers account or not.

But anyway you have K88 and SW bundled with it, so there should be no problem with Base Product (Komplete Select) for K10U Upgrade.

• AMD

Many thanks. Probably best if I contact support to make sure.

Cheers!