Traktor S5 line in for mixing with Maschine

Hi Everyone,

I am writing here to find a solution for a dj setup (I could not find any answer on google).

I bought a second hand S5, and I wanted to sync it with my Maschine Mk3. I know perfectly how to sync it but I did not find any way to play Maschine audio into S5 Decks through Line in connection. I can hear Maschine sound through S5 Master audio but there is no way to assign it to a deck (I tried also Live Input deck).

So my questions are:

1. There is a solution to it or S5 Line in can only go directly to Master audio?
  2. Which advices you might give me to play Traktor (with S5) and Maschine in Sync? (Maybe an external audio device or other)

Thank you so much in advance!

Mattia

Best Answers

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert
    Answer ✓

It is possible to map Line in to desired deck. Even to more decks. I did it in past for microphone....

I do not have Traktor by hand, so I cannot navigate you, how to do it.

-------------

Beside that (using wire), one could also use "virtual cable", if Maschine runs on the same computer as Traktor. I do not have experience with that and it would be easier on Mac than Win.

• Kubrak
    Answer ✓

If it works, virtual cable would not do it better, I guess. It is just another soundcard from the Win view.

Or do you mean, that you routed Maschine SW to Maschine audio interface wired to input of Scarlett audio and that linked to Traktor? If so, you could skip Scarlet and wire Maschine to Traktor S5 line in.

Also, if Scarlet has internal routing and at least 4 output channels, you could route Maschine SW to Scarlet and Traktor also to Scarlet (and do not use Maschine and Traktor audio interface).

Generally, there is several ways to achieve, what you desire.

• Kubrak
    Answer ✓

It is not possible to route directly from Maschine to Traktor. You have to use either physical wire from Maschine audio out to Traktor Line in. Or virtual cable should somehow work.... In that case you would route Maschine SW output to virtual cable and Traktor Deck X input to virtual cable.

Answers

• Kubrak
    Answer ✓

It is possible to map Line in to desired deck. Even to more decks. I did it in past for microphone....

I do not have Traktor by hand, so I cannot navigate you, how to do it.

-------------

Beside that (using wire), one could also use "virtual cable", if Maschine runs on the same computer as Traktor. I do not have experience with that and it would be easier on Mac than Win.

• mattianicoletti
    mattianicoletti Member Posts: 4 Member

Thanks Kubrak!

I will try with virtual cables. I tried now connecting Maschine Output to a Focusrite Scarlett, routing in Traktor the line in to Deck C and it works, but I would prefer with virtual cables because my fear is that managing 3 soundcards (Traktor, Maschine, Focusrite) for windows might slowdown the system...

• Kubrak
    Answer ✓

If it works, virtual cable would not do it better, I guess. It is just another soundcard from the Win view.

Or do you mean, that you routed Maschine SW to Maschine audio interface wired to input of Scarlett audio and that linked to Traktor? If so, you could skip Scarlet and wire Maschine to Traktor S5 line in.

Also, if Scarlet has internal routing and at least 4 output channels, you could route Maschine SW to Scarlet and Traktor also to Scarlet (and do not use Maschine and Traktor audio interface).

Generally, there is several ways to achieve, what you desire.

• mattianicoletti

@Kubrak I think I will try all the options and I will test them. Then I will review them here.

As I wrote before, I found a solution working but as you know better than me if the system is overloading sound glitches will come ;-)

Answering to you, wiring directly from Maschine until now does not work, but maybe I am missing something

• Kubrak
    Answer ✓

It is not possible to route directly from Maschine to Traktor. You have to use either physical wire from Maschine audio out to Traktor Line in. Or virtual cable should somehow work.... In that case you would route Maschine SW output to virtual cable and Traktor Deck X input to virtual cable.

• mattianicoletti

Apologies @Kubrak, I meant with a physical wire (I am an old generation audiphile ;-) )

Anyway thank you so much for all your support