X1 and Z1 out of stock.

fanatax
fanatax Member Posts: 21 Helper

My go-to setup is Traktor Pro + X1 MK2 + Z1 and i rarely fall back to my S4s. I just noticed that the X1 and Z1 are out of stock, even large retailers have an "available in months..." delivery notice. Is anything going on in particular? Are those units being discontinued by NI? Do I have to grab two spare units from ebay or somewhere just in case?

Tagged:

Comments

• djsubculture
    djsubculture Member Posts: 47 Helper

Perhaps there's a newer version in the works?

• nilssanders
    nilssanders Member Posts: 1 Member

Actually I have the same question. Would be great to get a little bit more information if/when/what will happen. Just thinking of buying two xone k2s instead 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert

Hard to say. It may be still influence of COVID and interrupted supply chains... It may be comming of a new product... But, usually there used to be the sales of HW before end of production...

• fanatax

well, speculations aside - we need to hear it from NI's support staff what actually is going on. full disclosure: i just panic bid a new Z1 as a secondary unit if my current one fails 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,555 admin

Hi @fanatax X1 should be back in stock any day now, or if there's a delay it should be up on the website in a month or so.

• fanatax

@Kaiwan_NI What about the Z1? That's more concerning to me since lesser units are floating around. There's plenty of X1 in circulation, Z1 are way less common to grab on eBay.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,555 admin

@fanatax Z1 will also be available soon. Just waiting to be put up on the website atm. Definitely not being discontinued. 🙂

• sfsdfd
    sfsdfd Member Posts: 10 Member

It's been over a month since that last post, and the Z1 still appears to be out of stock. Can we get any updates?

• fanatax

check out some retailers, Z1 is in stock at most of the major retailers (ar least here in germany)

• sfsdfd

@fanatax:

The Native Instruments store lists them as out of stock.

I found that the Native Instruments Amazon store listed them as in stock (for the same price). I'd have preferred to buy directly from Native Instruments, but since that wasn't an option, I ordered one via Amazon.

That was back on July 15th - eleven days ago. My delivery date has been bumped twice since then. And while my current estimated delivery (the third one) is supposedly "arriving Thursday" (two days from now), the order status is still listed as "Ordered" (instead of "Shipped"). It's especially irritating because the store page for the Z1 still indicates: "3 left in stock!"

This is all pretty unprofessional behavior. I like Native Instruments products a lot, but quality doesn't matter if they won't actually ship me the product. I am near the end of my patience and am considering canceling the order and buying from a more reliable vendor.

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,127 Expert
    edited July 2022

@sfsdfd Pay attention to the "Ships from" and "Sold by" bits, though. If "Amazon.com" is listed next to them, then that means the product is shipped and sold by Amazon directly. In other words: Amazon owns the inventory of that product, which they have once purchased from the manufacturer (NI). Contact them - this is neither NI's fault nor under NI's control.

(While I don't see stock for the Z1, I do see a single one (at the time of this writing) for the X1.)

• sfsdfd

@Monochrome: Your comment was quite helpful, and it helped me to delve deeper here. Long story short: Amazon dropped the ball.

I canceled the order and purchased one elsewhere that should arrive in a few days.

Amazon is just really falling down on the job a lot lately. I've considered switching vendors for a while... this might be the last straw.