Section not deleting on Maschine+ Song mode

S Righteous
S Righteous Member Posts: 148 Helper
edited June 2022 in Maschine

I've been playing around with song mode, and noticed that if I delete a Section in the middle of an arrangement, it will get removed from the timeline (on the left screen) and the other sections slide back to fill in the gap. But on the right screen, the pads don't re-align, so there is a blank pad where that section was, and if I hit the pad, the section gap appears in the middle of my arrangement. Is this intentional? It seems unexpected.

Tagged:

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

@Jeremy_NI Perhaps something for you? 🙂

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Hey @S Righteous This is reproducible 100% in both Maschine Plus and the Maschine 2 software. So I would say it is expected behaviour. I agree, it does seem odd and counter intuitive. I've reached out to the Maschine team for more insight on the topic, we'll keep you posted.

• Astralbeats_225
    Astralbeats_225 Member Posts: 42 Helper

Yeah I have noticed the same thing when working in standalone mode lol so I find myself having to just rework every scene to get rid of that one white pad. Although that white pad doesn't affect the song until pressed. I just can't stand to see it lol

• S Righteous
    S Righteous Member Posts: 148 Helper

Because it's consistent, I'm sure someone is already using it as a technique for something(?) in their performances, so if it gets fixed, there will be complaints. But for me, I think of each section sequentially, and I will accidentally hit that button - so it's not "what it does" which bothers me, as much as it is in the way mentally, and will be used instead of the button which should be used.

• Facedogg
    Facedogg Member Posts: 11 Member

It is annoying. You can get rid of the blank pad by selecting it, then moving it to the end of your arrangement and deleting it.