Traktor Pro 3.5.3 not seeing Mac music library

I've just upgraded to 14" MBP M1 Max running Montery 12.4.

Traktor 3.5.3 is functioning as normal apart from the fact it can't read my Music library (iTunes).

It's just stuck on 'loading' for hours, which makes me think its not communicating properly somewhere along the line. I have a 2015 MBP running Big Sur which has no issues reading apple's music library without having to use legacy XML files.

If someone has a fix please please let me know,

P

Tagged:

Comments

• Aleix Jiménez
    Aleix Jiménez Member Posts: 72 Advisor

Try the following:

Hold Option + click on the Music app. When it launches, it will ask you to select a Music Library. Select yours (which will most likely be inside your “Music>Music” folder), and then start Traktor again and check if the issue has been solved.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,543 admin

Hi @Paul Leslie can you try selecting "Use legacy XML iTunes Library" in the File Management tab of your Traktor Preferences?

If the problem persists, you might want to try reimporting a backup track collection and a backup traktor settings file as detailed on this page here. Let us know if that helps.

• ilove1981
    ilove1981 Member Posts: 45 Helper

This happened to me yesterday for the first time, whilst at home. I restarted Traktor and it was fine. Worrying, but no big deal for me as I had all the time in the world.