Where is the Audio Kontrol 1 mapping editor

Chaircrusher
Chaircrusher Member Posts: 3 Member
edited July 2022 in Other Software & Hardware

When I first bought my Audio Kontrol 1 (a decade or more ago) it came with a controller editor.

That seems no longer to be included with any installer I can download. There is the NI Controller Editor, but it seems unaware of the Audio Kontrol 1.

Are the buttons and giant knob on top just 100% useless now?

I'd hate to have to just throw the damn thing away and buy something newer.

Best Answer

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

You would need to download and install the drivers for it to work. there is an installer on this page that has the driver and CE included...

Downloads : Drivers & Other Files | Support (native-instruments.com) (look for Audio Kontrol 1- full install)

The drivers are pretty old, so no guarantee that they will work on Win 11

• Chaircrusher
    Chaircrusher Member Posts: 3 Member

I downloaded the original & installed it, and then installed the latest driver (also at that page). This is all that shows up. The 'Controller Editor' doesn't have any support for the Audio Kontrol 1

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

I looked through the manual here

AudioKontrol1_Manual_English.pdf (native-instruments.com)

(quickly) and did not see any reference to the controller editor but did see reference the Audio Kontrol 1 kontrol panel. when you open CE, is it the version that the download description says it is? if not, you may need to uninstall controller editor the reinstall that package, as it may have just ignored CE because it was an older version. Other than That, have no idea what might be going on...at least you have an audio interface (assuming that works)

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,320 mod
    Answer ✓

@Chaircrusher here you can find all relevant Audio Kontrol 1 software and drivers to download:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/downloads/drivers-other-files/

• blauewelt
    blauewelt Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I just had the same issue, and resolved it as described by Blindeddie above (thank you!)

1. Uninstall the controller editor that came with Traktor Pro 3 (I did it through Windows System Settings)
    2. Install the Audio Kontrol 1- full install) from here (https://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/downloads/drivers-other-files/)
    3. Make sure Controller Editor is selected during install
    4. Look for Controller Editor (it's the right one now!)

Take care and see you! C.