Why is my audio not playing?

Options
SHjiwani
SHjiwani Member Posts: 3 Member
edited June 2022 in Kontakt

I tried downloading a third party vst that used kontakt. I've tried everything I can think of and find online, but no matter what I do, u cannot get a sound from my vst. I've checked the file locations, I've checked the outputs, etc. This also isn't like other situations over seen where the audio is working fine if I use the kontakt keyboard in the software and just not I'd I use an external midi keyboard, it doesn't produce a sound period. Does anyone know ow how to fix this?

Best Answer

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Options

Might help to mention what Kontakt Library!!! And to clarify Kontakt does not load VSTs, it is the VST (when used in a DAW) it loads sample libraries…

• SHjiwani
    Options

I see. The library is the decent samples taishogoto library.

• Simchris
    Simchris Member Posts: 249 Pro
    Options

Decent Samples may have different versions. One may use kontakt full version. Another may use decent sampler plugin. So, you may want to check instructions for the library you actually have.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,688 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you don't have sound only when using your MIDI keyboard, you might want to check this article:

Configuring your MIDI Keyboard / Controller in KONTAKT

• SHjiwani
    Options

The sound is also not working when I use the built in virtual keyboard in kontakt or when I place a note on the piano roll.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,688 mod
    Options

So, is this happening with all Kontakt instruments ? As a plug-in and in standalone ? What soundcard and driver are you using for Kontakt ?