Kontakt 5 visual problems

Theo van de Ven
Theo van de Ven Member Posts: 43 Member
edited June 2022 in Kontakt

I use cubase 12 windows 10 and NI - Ultimate CE 13

Kontakt 6.7.1. is no problem. but I cant use Kontakt 5 anymore? I cheked "allow window to be resized" but the graphics are totaly wrong, the field on the right side is too small and only showing about half of the total graphics ?

Also when trying to open an kontakt 5 item, I get the message " Your version of kontakt is too old to load this file"

The same issues with "Reaktor 6" - FM8 - Super 8 and so on- and almost everything within the instruments "Native instruments GmBH "tab

All under the tab "Native instruments / kontakt ( 6.7.1 ) is working oke?

What am i doing wrong please?

Tagged:

Comments

• Theo van de Ven

When opening kontakt 5 stand alone, the window is much bigger, but in cubase its very small again .

When holding the mouse pointer at the top left corner- (pushed in) the window gets the normal size, untill i release the mouse button, than its small again ?

I dont have this issue when using kontakt 6

• Simchris
    Simchris Member Posts: 211 Advisor

Might be a vst 2 vs vst 3 issue?

• Theo van de Ven

You are probably right. I don't really care because I don't do anything with Absynt, Reaktor, Fm8 or Battery.I've removed them as well as Kontakt 5,So so far my 'Problem' is solved.

But I do believe that everything I paid for should work.

• Theo van de Ven
    edited June 2022
    In the meantime, I think I don't dare to buy any vst2 stuff anymore. 
    As far as Cubase 12 is concerned, I understand that it no longer supports vst2 
    so it seems unwise to spend any more money on it, Or am I mistaking?

• Simchris
    Simchris Member Posts: 211 Advisor

Probably an option in cubase to scan plugins but ignore folders with vst2 or vst 3 depending on version support.