Maschine+ will be great if... (feature requests)

Comments

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro

Just thought of another one and I can't remember if I asked for this one before but I'm sure many people would agree: please let us sort in the browser by date and see file dates!!!

I would love to see a list of my projects by reverse chronological order so I don't have to go through all these cryptically named files I created and figure out what I was working on last month or whenever. BTW when Akai added that OS-lije sortable categories like date and size to their browser in MPC it was a huge help to so many people, especially considering their browser doesn't have any kind of tagging at all and no favorites system. That absence of tagging was in fact the number one thing that drove me away from the platform, after buying zillions of expansions and never being able to find anything.)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newcomer
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • sephsrot
    sephsrot Member Posts: 3 Member

Seriously if I can rename samples and properly delete this off of M+ my workflow would be a thousands times better. I will say I didn't think about adding play instruments, but that would be really nifty too

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 995 Guru

Analog Sol said: "Probability amount for each note"

Yes! I've just watched a video about this feature in Ableton Live 11/Push, and it's very cool stuff.

I'm going to add my vote for this in Maschine / on Maschine+ it would be amazing.

• rbwduece
    rbwduece Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I came here specifically to recommend event probability and, low and behold, it's already been mentioned. This being the case, I'll add my vote for it, as well! To be able to have events trigger differently every time a pattern plays back would be awesome for making evolving tracks!

Also, a randomized autonaming feature would be quite welcome; much like that of the Polyend Tracker!

• RedwardMc
    RedwardMc Member Posts: 84 Advisor

Tuner, aftertouch, key splits and lock controllers to different sounds

• Psyearth5
    Psyearth5 Member Posts: 129 Helper

Add MIDI cable from out to MIDI and you will be able to control nd write in patterns and arrangement via notes, Maschine plus controlling itself trick.

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 586 Guru
  • ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,301 Expert

How can you do a live recording of that? Wouldn’t you need another controller to create the events?

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,194 Expert

I have an even bigger doubt on this: since M+ can already internally record itself…what’s even the use case for this?

M+ IS controlling itself…

I suspect there is something I’m not understanding here…😕

• adnauseam
    adnauseam Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Oh boy. That a PITA sample management is with the Maschine+

I think the ability to use an external USB computer keyboard to type names would be a killer feature for those who enjoy sampling. It would really enhance the sampling work flow.

Better sample/group/sound management on the M+ would also be very welcomed. I bought this thing to get away from the PC and I find a lot of features require me to go back to the software..

• adnauseam
    adnauseam Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I'd like to add my own feature request: The ability to have a USB keyboard connected for renaming files/groups/sounds etc. If it's a "computer" I can see this being fairly easy to implement.

I'd also love to be able to see and edit recorded automation data... I think it's a longshot to assume that could happen but you never know.

• Psyearth5
    Psyearth5 Member Posts: 129 Helper

You can route Maschine plus in to itself and then choose Pad under the instrument PC 3 button and control scene or Lock States with that chanel I record it or place it as any other sound. But you will not be able to export instrument or group separately and if you really like .

It will be easy to copy Lock States and eliminate ( mute or turn them off) so that Chanel or group, elements you you want to Export are playing. with 16 X 4 of Lock States it can be enough, previously I was recording performance in several takes to get what I wanted.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,301 Expert

Thanks for your explanation. So I guess you are working with one long Clip for the length of your whole arrangement to control Scene and Lock States?

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,194 Expert

Yes, thank you for explaining.

I suppose I didn’t think about that because I am already doing it but using my iPad.

it makes sense now ☺️