I can't connect S2MK3 to ipad pro (3rd generation)

Hideto Sugiyama
Hideto Sugiyama Member Posts: 4 Member

I can't connect my iPad Pro (3rd generation) to TRAKTOR KONTROL S2 MK3 using an MFI certified USB C-USB A cable. Does S2MK3 support USB C? I would like to know if there is a cable that can be used.

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• Aleix Jiménez
    Aleix Jiménez Member Posts: 72 Advisor
    Answer ✓

Have you plugged a power adapter to your S2? Which app are you trying to use on the iPad, Traktor DJ 2 or Djay Pro AI?

• Hideto Sugiyama
    edited June 2022

Thank you for your comment!

The power adapter uses genuine Native Instruments products.

The app is Traktor DJ 2.

In ipadmini, the app worked with a lightning cable.

Since the ipad pro is a USB-C cable, I tried using the "mophie USB-A Cable with USB-C Connector" from the Apple Store, but it didn't work.

• Aleix Jiménez
    Aleix Jiménez Member Posts: 72 Advisor
    Answer ✓

I believe that you should then update your S2 MK3 firmware to the latest version. The S2 MK3 had some incompatibility issues with the M1 iPad which I believe were solved with the 1.3 firmware update.

You can download here the latest updaters (version 1.4 currently):

Traktor S2 MK3 firmware updater tools

Note that, unless it has changed from version 1.3, you'll need an Intel Mac to update the firmware of your controller from macOS.

• Hideto Sugiyama
    edited June 2022

Thank you for your detailed advice.

I will try it.

• davidgiesemann
    davidgiesemann Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Has there been any progress since last year's june on this topic?

I am looking for a solution to connect my M1 iPad air (5th gen) to my s2 mk3.

• Only1Marty
    Only1Marty Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi,

S2 MK3 with Traktor DJ 2 App not working with Ipad Pro 3rd Gen M1.

S2 Mk3 updated to 1.3.7, will not update to 1.4 as NI SoftwareUpdate tool says 1.3.7 is up to date...

I'm trying all sorts of cable configurations, my usb a- usb c cable is charging the ipad pro, so this dosent seem like a cabling problem.

Anybody experience this?

• Hideto Sugiyama

Thanks to everyone who commented. Resolved by updating the firmware of the S2 MK2. it was very helpful. thank you.