Update Komplete Hard Drive Content

Tomasz Basel
Tomasz Basel Member Posts: 2 Member
edited June 2022 in Native Access

I bought Komplete Ultimate 11 on hard drive and now I updated to Komplete 13 via Internet. Can I update content of my Komplete 11 Hard Drive to put them installers from Kompete 13?

Best Answer

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    Answer ✓

I should have been more succinct.

Those are the aggregated monolithic installer scripts (Mac & Win, respectively), so, as I noted in my initial reply, you can capture the v13 install packages and save them anywhere you have space, but you cannot "re-insert" them into the original installer script, it won't work that way.

The script contains all of the bundled files inside itself for Komplete 10 and can't be modified by the end user.

Another option is to install everything and then create a disk backup for safe storage off-site using a backup application of your choice.

Answers

• Brad Yost

If you can capture the installer (from your download location) just after Native Access finishes the DL and before the 'install' function is completed, you can (simultaneously) copy the installer (usually an .EXE or .ISO) to any location you wish.

I'm not sure that; if you attempt to use the installer from the external NI hdd to reload the 'newer' instrument version, whether the installer script will do so. But at least you will have a 'backup' copy localized near your machine.

I purchased my original version of Komplete 10 on Hdd, but by v13 CE, re-purposed the drive as an external libraries drive for my latop.

• Tomasz Basel
    Tomasz Basel Member Posts: 2 Member

On Komplete external HDD is one .dmg and .exe installer. I can't see any folders or installers for each instrument so even I catch a downloaded installer there is no place to paste it. Am I wrong?

• Brad Yost
    Answer ✓

I should have been more succinct.

Those are the aggregated monolithic installer scripts (Mac & Win, respectively), so, as I noted in my initial reply, you can capture the v13 install packages and save them anywhere you have space, but you cannot "re-insert" them into the original installer script, it won't work that way.

The script contains all of the bundled files inside itself for Komplete 10 and can't be modified by the end user.

Another option is to install everything and then create a disk backup for safe storage off-site using a backup application of your choice.