Panning not working through headphones output (Cubase 11 Pro)

ddnutz
ddnutz Member Posts: 4 Member

Hi, I´ve been working on the postproduction of a shortfilm when I realized the panning isn´t notable trough the headphones output on my Komplete Audio 6 MKII. It is notable, though, through the outputs 1/2 to which I have my speakers connected. But with my headphones, through headphone output 1, there only seems to be a small difference in volume when panning to the left or right, so I suppose Cubase or the drivers of the audio interface don´t recognize the headphone output as a stereo output. This is a problem as Native Instruments doesn´t offer a software to rout and adjust the inputs and outputs of the audio interface, and Cubase or other DAWs don´t recognize the headphone outputs, only the main outputs (1, 2, 3 & 4) at the back of the interface. Could someone help me out with this?

Tagged:

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Hey @ddnutz Panning should work as expected in Cubase or any other DAW with the Komplete Audio 6mk2. To be 100% sure I just tested it. Panning is working as expected, in the hadphone outputs and on the main outs. Did you install the ASIO driver ? Installing the ASIO Driver for KOMPLETE AUDIO 1 / 2 / 6 MK2 (Windows)

Do you experience this with any other software ? Is the stereo image normal when you are checking a video for example ?

• ddnutz

Hi Jeremy, thank you for such a soon answer. I´ve tried to uninstall and install the new drivers, but it´s not working. The signal is completely mono through my headphone exits when using Cubase Pro, FL Studio or when playing videos on YouTube. This didn´t happen before. I´ve had the Komplete Audio MK2 for about two years now and this started happening like 6 weeks ago :(

• ddnutz

It might me because of Windows 11. I upgraded to this version maybe two months ago, and the problem didn´t start right after it, but it might me related. I saw the latest drivers on the NI page are for Windows 10.

• Jeremy_NI

Hey @ddnutz We had a simlar case not so long ago, maybe you can check a couple of things. What kind of headphones are you using ? Does it have an adapter ? Have you tried a different adapter ? Have you tried with a different set of headphones ?

• ddnutz
    edited June 2022

@Jeremy_NI I have tried with other headphones. I don't use an adapter. The headphones I'm using are the Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro, and I did a test with my KRK KNS-6400. Problem is still the same. I tried these headphones on my Focusrite Solo a few weeks ago and they didn't give me any problem, so the problem clearly is the KA6.

• Jeremy_NI
    edited June 2022

Hey @ddnutz Ok, are you able to test it on another computer ? That would rule out any sofware related issue. If it's the same on another computer, I would forward you to our hardware support.