Can you install other NI effects onto Maschine+ ?

S Righteous
S Righteous Member Posts: 148 Helper
edited June 2022 in Maschine

I don't care about the expansion packs for sounds, but I would like to expand the effects in my Maschine+.

However I can't even find any information telling me if I can do that?

Are expansion packs the only other content you can add to Maschine+ ?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    Answer ✓

The only officially compatible stuff is what you see on the product page or available in Settings>Library, so as far as NI Plugin FX generally the answer is "No" but Reaktor stuff can work, so technically you could use custom ensembles for FX, lots of users do.

You can try browsing the User Reaktor Library to find some fx you like or make your own, some might require some editing to prepare the ensemble, it can get a bit complicated tho, more info here:

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/1836/user-reaktor-ensembles-on-maschine-standalone

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro

If you don't have experience with testing plugins manually for latency, just avoid Reaktor ensembles too.

Maschine has no PDC, so really you need zero sample buffer effects, Reaktor does not report latency to hosts, so you need to run it in plugin doctor or similar to find out an ensembles latency.

A few non zero sample buffer ensembles and your timing will be all over the place in your sequences.

• S Righteous

Thanks to both of you for the info.

I was an NI user from the very early days, but gave up on the stuff 10 or so years ago, only seduced back by the standalone feature of Maschine+

So I gotta go dig out my old Reaktor patches. I think I did a basic midi controlled version of NewSchool so I could program it, instead of just having auto generated stuff.

I assume the old paid for Reaktor expansions won't load in Maschine+?

Or would they be importable as User patches on the card?

• Flexi

Right now it seems no Reaktor patches are working on the +, you would have to try old ensembles on a case by case basis, and also follow the instructions for the mods needed to get ensembles working.

• S Righteous

I can edit Reaktor 6 patches on the computer, save those and export them to Maschine+ and they work. So my thinking was that anything saved with Reaktor 6 would work. But while Reaktor 5 patches saved with Reaktor 6 do allow Maschine+ to open them, they do not work.

• kinskop
    kinskop Member Posts: 18 Helper

One little (hidden) FX Suite you can also make use of is the effect section of FM8. This give you a quite nice addition of bread&butter tools. So what I did early on was to map these effects out with Maschine software and then imported them as default state presets into the hardware.

I already converted a bunch of Reaktor FX for Maschine+, even older ones, but never really checked if they where originated in Reaktor 5. Most of the times they worked fine. But as said before you really have to tidy them up. But once you get into that workflow you can really nicely map them out and tag them to your desired workflow.

• S Righteous

I'm going to look into the FM8 FX, it's not a synth I would have loaded up, so thanks for the tip!

The number one Reaktor Patch I want to use is Newschool, the Live generative patch, but without the sequencer. When that first came out, (Reaktor 3 or 4?) the first thing I did was wire it up so each tone used a midi note, instead of the sequencer. I noticed many Reaktor Instruments in Machine+ are just different Newschool patches, but it's like using loops - no use to me - I want to program that stuff. Possibly someone else has re-written that patch in R6 to use midi?

• kinskop
    kinskop Member Posts: 18 Helper

I'm working on a full fledged written tutorial, how to get Reaktor converted for Maschine+ right now. Collecting all the spreaded Information plus my own experiences. Will keep you updated once it's done 🤓

• Flexi

Not all of it is documented, join the Reaktor Discord.