VST3 support - how is it going?

coongaman
coongaman Member Posts: 16 Helper
edited July 2022 in Maschine

The latest iZotope Neutron 4 only supports VST3.

Other vendors also do this.

So how is it going with Maschine and VST3 support?

Tagged:

Comments

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,274 Guru

Same issue with Komplete Kontrol not hosting Neutron 4 from fellow Soundwide Partner iZotope...

• coongaman

Kind of idiotic!

• awol9000
    awol9000 Member Posts: 69 Advisor

NI has been working on VST3 since it was announced (2013).

• coongaman

The worst is that they clearly just can open Maschine to support VST3 from other Vendors, they wait until all their own plugs are ported/ recorded. Again not the focus on us users just how they can squeeze out more money.

• dof
    dof Member Posts: 2 Member

dégoutté j’achète neutron 4 et la je me rend compte que maschine ne prend pas le VST3!!!! Envi de pleurer!! MÉLODYNE 5 non plus ne fonctionne pas ou mal sur maschine 2.

maschine 2 bientôt obsolète?

une date pour la mise a jour? Ou il faut changer de DAW?

Et de contrôleur aussi?

• coongaman
    edited June 2022

I have been in the thinking box several times through the years as I used Maschine since it started. And the reason; because NI made promises and could not fullfill them. NI got the best hardware, but has always been a disaster implementing basic and logical features. I have had Push 2 and Akai Force. Loved what they did, but to me the workflow for starting a project did not suit me like the Maschine way. I also got stucket with hundreds of projects, grooves and tracks made with Maschine. So I am kind of stucked within the NI world. I got an love-hate relationship with NI. I am really embarrassed to see what a mess they make out of a great product, as I see developers from other companies make great updates and features triple times faster. For instance Akai with their Force. They actually listened to their customers.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newcomer
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • coongaman

Interestingly I just got a mail from NI promoting the latest Izotope Music Production Suite. And guess what is included. Of course the VST3 only Neutron. So there is a solution around the corner?

• [Deleted User]
  • coongaman
  • [Deleted User]
  • tempsperdu
    tempsperdu Member Posts: 292 Pro

Quite frankly, I find it impossible to see how anyone can excuse or find acceptable the lack of VST3 support by now. We were told when the SoundWide announcement was made that it was coming sooner than we might think. Well, most thought it should have come more than sometime ago, and there's been no indication of it on the horizon at all.

Can anyone say any other major players (apart from MuTools which is basically one guy), that have yet to add support?

Is there no-one who actually knows, able or willing to properly clarify the situation?

• [Deleted User]
    edited June 2022
  • coongaman

I agree on all points except that NI already had Roadmaps, or kind of Roadmaps. But they never got fullfilled changing focus as company structure changed several times.

That is the sad and simple story of NI and Maschine.