Will there be an open beta for Komplete Kontrol soon?

nightjar
nightjar Member Posts: 1,274 Guru
edited May 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

It's already been shared information that KK is next in line for Apple Silicon native support.

With this being the case, I would hope that NI would share an open beta for it very soon.

This would not only provide useful feedback for NI before release, but it would also be a good faith gesture to concerned users that the development is on an active track.

Can the someone from NI provide an answer on this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,105 admin

This is hard to answer right now without knowing the exact timeline for the Silicon update. We'll likely have a beta few weeks before release which means we could still be weeks away until that happens. We'll get more clarity on that as we get closer to an actual release.

• nightjar

A beta a "few weeks" before release is not useful to anyone. That is far too short to have any meaningful purpose regarding the two things I stated in original post.

This would not only provide useful feedback for NI before release, but it would also be a good faith gesture to concerned users that the development is on an active track.

• Matt_NI
    edited May 2022

Sorry, I think I got this wrong. I thought you were asking about a beta for Apple Silicon but you're talking about new features I suppose?

• nightjar

I'm just asking about an open beta for KK in general, whether or not it is AS native.

• Matt_NI

What range would you want the beta to be in ahead of a release?

• nightjar

As much as is possible..it would be an ongoing process that could be several months.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

What you ask for is more alfatesting than betatesting......

• nightjar

No. Beta stage can often last a few months... typical is 4-6 weeks.

A couple of cycles.. each 4 weeks? so 2 months out from expected release?

So let's get it cooking!

• nightjar
    edited May 2022

Word is out there that the browser in updated Massive X is a starting point for browsers in other NI products.

If this is true, and the beta for KK will be transitioning over to this layout, I am a bit optimistic.

Hope a beta is offered soon. I'd love to see this browser transition in progress.

I really was heartened by the browser in Native Access 2 as it changed.

I want that same feeling for KK's near term future.

• nightjar

Ok.. so today NI announces a new beta for Traktor.. and LOTS of good information with a roadmap of things to come for Traktor.

Great for Traktor users.

But what a shame that Komplete Kontrol uses are not offered this same treatment as valued customers.

• Reefius
    Reefius Member Posts: 244 Pro

Open betas for Maschine and Komplete Kontrol would be great, because every time I check Centercode (which hosts the closed betas) it looks deserted with only a handful of users still active.

Beta testing with so few users is just pointless because there are so many different system configurations and user workflows.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newcomer
    edited May 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • djapnrcpro
    djapnrcpro Member Posts: 5 Member

I am always down to beta test. We really need Native M1 Support.

• nightjar

Yep.. Let's get an open Beta for KK happening ASAP!

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod

When there's nothing meaningful to interact with it's hard to be active and engage.