Kontakt 6 - path for snapshots screwed, how do I change the path back?

ZeroZero
ZeroZero Member Posts: 30 Member

Geetings wise inscrutable sages and hangers on,

Snapshots is broke 😥

Got a problem with the path specified in Konktat 6 for Snapshots location- no idea how it happened . Anyways how do I get the path back to where it should be - in users?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓

For non-Kontakt Player libraries (like Ethera and many, many others), there is no permanent solution at this time. As soon as you move a library to a different location/drive, the path to the NKI in snapshots will be wrong (because for unencoded instruments the path stored into snapshots is absolute, not relative).

Answers

• EvilDragon

You can only change it by resaving each snapshot one by one from Kontakt itself (not within KK or Maschine).

• ZeroZero
    ZeroZero Member Posts: 30 Member

Is there a way in which I can solve this problem once and for all? Getting lots of issues. I tried a reinstall, but the same wrong location for snapshots occurred. Just speculiation, but I did move my my documents folder into a OneDrive location so that it perpetually back up - this works for all other matters.

Maybe a totally clean re-install of Kontakt 6?

Z

• EvilDragon
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓

For non-Kontakt Player libraries (like Ethera and many, many others), there is no permanent solution at this time. As soon as you move a library to a different location/drive, the path to the NKI in snapshots will be wrong (because for unencoded instruments the path stored into snapshots is absolute, not relative).