How to set user expansions/groups?

mtumi
mtumi Member Posts: 15 Member

When I'm browsing groups it shows every expansion I have installed. I don't want to uninstall some of them, but I would prefer to have a way to show only the expansions I use the most. I would think the user button would allow me to do this but I don't see any way to indicate a whole group as my favorite.

For example, I am less into techno/electronica, so I'd prefer to typically hide Cavern Floor, Dark Matter, etc

Any help appreciated.

Michael

Best Answer

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,302 Expert
    Answer ✓

User is for custom content by the user and contains the Samples/Loops, Sounds, Groups and Projects created by the user which are stored in the user locations:

1. ~/Documents/Native Instruments/Maschine 2/…
    2. ~/Documents/Native Instruments/User Content/…

You can copy the content of your favorite Expansions there, but that’s probably less desirable and would additional disk space.

I‘d probably rather mark all the desired content as favorites.

Answers

• ozon
    Answer ✓

User is for custom content by the user and contains the Samples/Loops, Sounds, Groups and Projects created by the user which are stored in the user locations:

1. ~/Documents/Native Instruments/Maschine 2/…
    2. ~/Documents/Native Instruments/User Content/…

You can copy the content of your favorite Expansions there, but that’s probably less desirable and would additional disk space.

I‘d probably rather mark all the desired content as favorites.

• mtumi
    mtumi Member Posts: 15 Member

OK thanks. I can't mark entire expansions as favorites though, correct?

• ozon

No, unfortunately you have to select all the content for each category and mark that. Not sure, but I think select all and click on Favorite should work in the software.