Session Horns Pro Extended Keyrange

Kronington
Kronington Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited May 2022 in Kontakt

Is there any way to extend the range of the solo instruments in Session Horns Pro?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓

Not possible to achieve really, the keyboard ranges are very likely all set in the script. You can change the mapping but that won't help at all. The script is also quite impenetrable since names of all variables have been mangled beyond recognition.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod

hello,

this should be possible with the full kontakt version, by clicking on the wrench symbol and select the mapping editor, then dragging?extending the lowest note or highest, like you need. Only problem you have to do it for every group and i don´t know how to do it once for all groups. You can somehow select them but i´m not the greatest kontakt expert.

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓

Not possible to achieve really, the keyboard ranges are very likely all set in the script. You can change the mapping but that won't help at all. The script is also quite impenetrable since names of all variables have been mangled beyond recognition.

• stephen24
    stephen24 Member Posts: 276 Pro

You can of course shift the whole range up or down a semitone or two with the tuning knob in the instrument header. You would then have to transpose in the opposite direction if the instrument will allow it, or if necessary by some other means outside Kontakt.

• stephen24

I've already had a moan about this new format for the forum. (Nobody seems to care)

Here's another. This post is from a guy who wants to play notes outside the prescribed range of his instrument, which is rigidly controlled by scripts. It's a common problem.

The esteemed EvilDragon's answer is absolutely correct beyond doubt, and because of its "Best Answer" status is probably as far as most people will read. But it is completely negative and of no help to the original poster. Mine is unorthodox but may actually help the guy with his problem. Does there have to be a "Best Answer" and who decides what it is? All it is likely to do is to deter people from reading further.

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod

the one who asked the question marks best answer, of course mods can also do it, but the idea is that it's done like i said by the original poster. Of course every solution/system has some advantages and disadvantages. We are always try, in the background, to enhance it. But the "best answer" system can save you time and works, as far as I can see, most of the time, and if you want to go deeper, just read the whole thread. Let's say you have two or more pages full of posts and you have to go through all to come to one of the last posts with the solution, now you don't need necessarily, but you can if you want. But in this particular case your solution to use tune could help in some cases. We definitely listen to you, and are aware of some shortcomings.

• stephen24

Obviously I don't have any quarrel with the OP or anybody else. But this is just one example of the many common problems which may have implications for a lot of people. (e.g. this one has affected me - the otherwise excellent Spitfire legato clarinet is in Bb, so what do you do if you want the range of an A clarinet?) The "Best Answer" for the OP may not be the most useful for someone in slightly different circumstances. In the old system the guy would just say Thanks it works, in an ordinary post. Can't see any advantage over that.

Incidentally 2 of my recent posts have attracted "Best Answer" status. One was the only answer (!), and both were apparently awarded by an NI employee.