Can Komplete Kontrol be used with audio effect VSTs (w/o Instruments)?

explodingPSYCH
explodingPSYCH Member Posts: 4 Member

I'm curious about using my S61 MK2 to control audio effect VSTs that are already mapped to it. Seems like a big oversight to not allow loading VST effect units without VSTis.

Is this possible?

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

No, the first slot always needs to be a VSTi (or sampler/looper) It is really not an oversight, as it was designed to be used with a Keyboard to play an instrument not as an effects rack.

• explodingPSYCH

Design choice maybe, but let's at least say a "missed opportunity" as it locks out the ability to use kk as a universal VST midi controller like the MP MIDI controller.

What would be lost from having this functionally? What is gained from omitting it?

• Blindeddie

Well I would say Nothing gained or lost, (except maybe untucking customers to purchase NKS ready instruments) but remember, the software is free, so you get what you pay for!!!

• explodingPSYCH

I'm referring to the user's experience with the Komplete Kontrol HARDWARE (which requires the software). The software is simply blocking this hardware function for no reason I can see. I'm not sure what the purpose of the Komplete Kontrol's "free" software would be without the hardware.

• Blindeddie

KK can be used with any KB, not limited to KK keyboards, that along with Komplete Start (free) is a marketing idea to generate further sales…and it appears to work quite well!