"Cross-Pollination" of Soundwide Partners products thread.

nightjar
nightjar Member Posts: 1,274 Guru

I thought it would be interesting to have a thread for the ongoing trend of products from different Soundwide partners sharing technologies and content.

Today, iZotope announced its Music Production Suite 5 which for the first time includes Effects products from Soundwide Partner Brainworx.

In a few days, Plugin Alliance will release MEGA Sampler which will have sample content from Native Instruments.

And already, the new Traktor Beta includes iZotope Ozone processing on its Master Bus.

So... I wonder what's next??

Any guesses?

Comments

• nightjar

My "hope", but not a next thing prediction, would be for Native Instruments to have their KK Keyboards integrate tightly with the upcoming MEGA Sampler.. to the point of NKS even.

Maybe too much to hope for this soon.

• Mutis
    Mutis Member Posts: 472 Pro

RX spleeter technology arriving to Traktor will be nice…

• nightjar

Yep.. easier way to make Stems would be welcome in Maschine too

• nightjar
    edited June 2022

Here's what Dirk Ulrich (founder of Brainworx, Plugin Alliance) said today about iZotope Neutron 4:

Dirk Ulrich: The iZotope team is one of the best in this biz... just wait for what else they have cooking! 

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod

Mega sampler? I'm guessing that's going to be something along the lines of Output's Arcade.

I guess the first things will be adaptations of FX for those brands more suited for real-time processing, meaning with less latency so they can be used in Traktor, Maschine, etc... Especially in the case of iZotope.

That would be awesome.

• nightjar

There is a fair amount of overlap between Ozone, and where PA is taking its Mastering products/services.

How Soundwide possibly unifies their efforts might be awkward.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited June 2022

Oh heck yes, pretty excited about it.

I just bought a DJM-S7 battle mixer 2 weeks ago and it turns out it's supported, so I am definitively trying it out. I also got an M1 MacBook a month or so ago, if I knew this was coming I would have bought an iPad instead; a smartphone is too small for my taste. Most exciting news I've heard in a while for my style of DJing.

• nightjar

One good sign of MEGA Sampler being NKS is the fact that Plugin Appliance bx_oberhausen is NKS...

So perhaps this WILL be the case.

• nightjar

Email from 6/8/22:

Hello to the iZotope community,

My name is Mark Cattini and I am the CEO of Soundwide, the new group that includes iZotope, Native Instruments, Plugin Alliance, Brainworx, and Sound Stacks. 

I can't begin to tell you how excited I am to be part of the team leading our efforts across these brands. Over the past six months, I’ve spent a lot of time getting to know each of these great companies and getting to know many of you, our loyal customers. Hearing from you has been invaluable for understanding your hopes, concerns, and questions. Now it’s time for us to integrate that feedback into our customer experience—into how we develop products, and how we make them available to you.

I first want to clarify a point that’s been too vague since iZotope introduced subscriptions: We are fully committed to letting customers choose how they want to buy our products. We will continue to provide perpetual license products that you can own forever while also making a subscription available to those who prefer smaller monthly or annual payments. Last week we honored this commitment by releasing Neutron 4 as a perpetual product while also including it in our Music Production Suite Pro subscription. Expect even more products this fall to be available as both perpetual and subscription offerings. 

We are also changing how we deliver our flagship Music Production Suite. We are now including all updates made to the Suite in 2022 as part of the new Music Production Suite 5 Universal Edition. So, if you got it today, you will receive all the new products we have added, including Neutron 4, and you can look forward to two more major flagship upgrades this fall with no further cost.

And finally, what I’m most excited to share is how the brands in the Soundwide family are coming together to collaborate and co-create. We've already started offering customers products from Native Instruments and Brainworx, and you can expect to see even more exciting products and offers in the future. Our aim is to create a rich ecosystem of products that allow producers and creators to stay in the creative flow and remove technical hurdles.

Stay tuned for more news and announcements over the coming months.

• nightjar

"We are also changing how we deliver our flagship Music Production Suite. We are now including all updates made to the Suite in 2022 as part of the new Music Production Suite 5 Universal Edition. So, if you got it today, you will receive all the new products we have added, including Neutron 4, and you can look forward to two more major flagship upgrades this fall with no further cost."

Similar policy needs to be applied to those who purchase Komplete Ultimate CE!

• EduardoMartinez
    EduardoMartinez Member Posts: 5 Member

I get the error message that I don't have a qualifying product (same as it happened when I first bought the The Music Production Suite 4? or previous offer), even though I own 12/28/21KOMPLETE 13 ULTIMATE Collectors Edition Upgrade for ULTIMATE DL (1).

Will this be fixed here on NI's website?

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

The same in my case. And not only for this Bundle, but also for other SW.

• manolo.floyd
    manolo.floyd Member Posts: 13 Member

Same here, I also own K13CE

• EduardoMartinez
    EduardoMartinez Member Posts: 5 Member

My offer now shows up correctly here as a cross-grade for $299.