Maschine+ compatible audio interfaces thread

Rhythm Droid
Rhythm Droid Member Posts: 22 Helper
edited February 15 in Maschine

This thread should include what community members have personally tested - it does not mean that NI "officially" supports the USB product as "Maschine+ compatible"... it just means that WE got something working...or not.

From what I've personally tested, the following are working with bi-directional, multi-channel audio:

Elektron Analog Rytm MK2

Elektron Digitone Keys

Tascam Model 24

RME Fireface UCX

NOT WORKING:

Presonus StudioLive 32R (booooooo! I was really hoping this would work because then I could do Maschine+ to 32R over USB, all my hardware into 32R to process and mixdown in Maschine, then stream the whole thing over AVB/Ethernet to iMac for recording without anymore DA/AD converstion or latency.

My Sweetwater sales guy told me that the Presonus Rep CONFIRMED that StudioLive 32R would work with Maschine+ over USB, but it's not looking good. Very frustrating afternoon. I thought my problems were solved!

Tagged:

Comments

• Andy Wt
    Andy Wt Member Posts: 74 Helper

Have anyone tried Behringer x32?

• Rhythm Droid

I'm so curious about this as well. My Sweetwater sales engineer said it "probably" would but I'm not taking the plunge just for "probably". Superstar member @D-One has mentioned that it's lower-end USB interfaces which often have the class-compliant capability because the higher end ones which boast better latency specs often require custom drivers. The X32 sits in the middle. It's got tons of value for the $, but I'm pretty sure it's USB functionality requires drivers.

• Andy Wt

Behringers site does not offer drivers for MAC/Linux, only for Windows. So i would say its class compliant. The only thing left to figure out is does it work with M+ 😀

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited January 2022

This was one of the threads on my 'remake' list, I was on the fence because I don't want to claim XYZ interface is compatible because someone else that might not even be in this new forum said so, then a user goes and buys it and gets upset when it doesn't work for some reason. When $$ is involved I try to as careful as possible.

So... I think it's better if this thread just started over here, new. I can add new confirmed interfaces by users here to the OP, maybe add a small disclaimer.

Yeah, that's basically it, better latency or just generally more advanced features.

If it requires drivers it simply won't work, if it doesn't it likely will but there's really no guarantee.

• Rhythm Droid
    edited February 2022

This is a good sign. But I really don't want to, again, buy a $1500 digital mixer/interface to again find out it's not compatible and lost $ on shipping it back. Please, someone at NI! Anyone!? @D-One @Matt_NI Can someone please confirm that Maschine+ is compatible with the Behringer X32 platform?? @Andy Wt Let's finally get this figured out!

• D-One
    edited February 2022

Hum... Some stores have X32's as display models, I'd call and ask and just go there with the M+, seems like the fastest way to know.

The best I can do for you is ask my stage engineer to try my M+ with an X32 after soundcheck next time I have a show where the venue has one, I think on the 25th of this month I have a show on a venue that does, I'll try to test it but no guarantees.

• Rhythm Droid

That is actually an excellent idea, to try it out on a floor model. I live near a Guitar Center, so maybe that's the best option. You are very kind to offer to try out your M+ at a venue @D-One , but don't go to the hassle if you've got a gig to worry about. Plus you wouldn't want to potentially mess something up by connecting it to an unknown peripheral. I'll keep you all posted on what I find out about Behringer X32. My goal is to use the X32 Rack as a live mixer for my hardware, but also tie M+ into it over USB and allow for processing some of my hardware in the M+ environment since I love the comps/limiters/gates/filters/EQ!

• Andy Wt

@Rhythm Droid Great news, thank you so much! 😀

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

We recently posted a blog article about Maschine+ and accessories, good things to know in there:

• Rhythm Droid

Yes, this was an excellent read that all M+ users should be made aware of! Is it a sticky somewhere? It was very nicely done.

"If your audio interface is class-compliant, you can use it for expanded I/O"

I must say, AKAI's description of compatible interfaces is a tad more complete, as they mention that interfaces must be class-compliant with Linux. If that is the case with M+, customers would feel a lot more confident about considering this a "working feature" of their very expensive commitment.

Anyway, I hope this thread will continue to provide users with valuable information!

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
    edited February 2022

@Rhythm Droid said: Yes, this was an excellent read that all M+ users should be made aware of! Is it a sticky somewhere? It was very nicely done.

Our blog is packed with useful content and learnings, I would advise every creator to have a look in there.

We'll consider sharing the upcoming content here, it could definitely benefits to many.

• kleody
    kleody Member Posts: 25 Member

I hooked up the antelope audio zen Go interface... it is recognized by Mas+ the I/O is populated... but, no sound - I can't say I've tried everything possible, I'm new to Maschine+, however, if it is recognized by Mas+ is the issue of not getting audio a user issue or a compatibility with Mas+ issue?

• D-One

According to the website, Zen Go needs drivers for both Win and Mac, since you can't install 3rd party drivers on an M+ it won't work. M+ only works with driverless / class-compliant interfaces.