How to stop double midi notes?

PurpleStar
PurpleStar Member Posts: 2 Member

When I record from Komplete Kontrol, a second midi note is recorded just after the first one. It does this with no other plugin just komplete kontrol. Could someone give me a solution, thanks.

Using cakewalk btw

Answers

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

Which instrument are you using inside Komplete Kontrol when this occur? Are you using any MIDI keyboard?

Feel free to post screenshots or screen records if you have any.

• PurpleStar
    PurpleStar Member Posts: 2 Member

I am using a MIDI keyboard, and it is with any instrument. I have changed DAW and it works fine, so it must be an error to do with cakewalk

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
    edited June 2022

I'm not a cakewalk user so I cannot really help on that. @Jeremy_NI any clue?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,595 mod

Well, I don't have my PC at hand to check but that sounds like a MIDI loop, so @PurpleStar you should check your MIDI ins and outs. Tick only the MIDI keyboard as an input.

• Panapiano@yahoo.com
    Panapiano@yahoo.com Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I need help! I'm using kk keyboard in protools when playing easy drumer it writes a note when I push down on the key and it writes a second note when I release the key!

• MartinSuw
    MartinSuw Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

i got the same problem withe double notes, when trying to write a chord progression in Playbox in Machine software.

It happens when i am using my Studio Logic SL Studio motherkeyboard. I have never had that problem before, the does not produce any double notes in either Machine or Logic.

I am able to record with out double notes using Machines pad, but i am a keyboard player, so it is a very slow way to do it. Please help

• Jeremy_NI

@MartinSuw You should check the inputs & outputs settings in Maschine preferences, it could be like a MIDI loop, like sending the notes from the SL Studio keyboard back to it. Can you post a screenshot of these settings?

• fluffy
    fluffy Member Posts: 59 Helper

This has started happening to me on Komplete Kontrol 2.9.4 when used with Logic Pro. I wasn't having this problem with prior versions. I suspect it's a bug in 2.9.4, but unfortunately upgrading to a newer version means no longer having support for my S88 mk1. Are there older versions still available for download anywhere?

• Jeremy_NI

@fluffy We didn't get similar reports, and the other users in this thread never came back, so I suspect the issue resides elsewhere, we released a 2.9.6 version here: Komplete Kontrol 2.9.6 - Last VST2 supported version

Can you try this version?

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,707 mod
    edited November 2023

Just found this issue with Logic 10.8 and KK3. Compared a project recorded just now, to a project I made last week also with KK3 but Logic 10.7.9 and that doesn’t have note doubling but the new one does

• Jeremy_NI
    edited November 2023

@Kymeia Yes, I can reproduce the issue too, thanks for the heads up. I forwarded the info to the devs. @fluffy Are you using Logic 10.8?

• Kymeia
    edited November 2023

Yeah thanks, I also passed it on. I have also tested this so far in Bitwig 5.4, Live 11, Waveform 12 and Studio One 6 (tested the AU in that as well as VST3) and they all came up negative so it does seem Logic 10.8 specific.

Logic 10.8 is also exhibiting some weird behaviour with MIDI inputs which may or may not be related

• Jeremy_NI

@Kymeia Well, weirdly enough, it seems that Logic 10.8 records the MIDI output of the keyboard, including the notes generated by the ARP functions when engaged. So, at the moment, it records both inputs, the keys that are actually played AND the notes generated by the arp. Once this bug is fixed, it could be a long long awaited feature. This comes out of the blue and was not announced by Apple, AFAIK.

We filed the bug as KBDSW-7748 and will kepp you posted.

• Keith Cocker
    Keith Cocker Member Posts: 120 Advisor

Ooh!!! Please don't fix it!!

It seems that all Midi notes played either by fingers or by plugin magic are being recorded by the new version. For me that's not necessarily a bad thing. For example, Obelisk Midi Fx plugin results in all the notes on the chord I'm playing (via one finger of course) being written to the Piano Roll. I can then go back and edit. Not sure if this is a KK matter or a Logic 10.8 matter or the interaction between them. I deal solution would be to retain the facility with option of turning it off - pretty please?

• Kymeia

Yes it’s a good thing that Logic now has that capability- they just didn’t let anyone know :) Hopefully NI can fix the negative consequence while preserving the positive