How to set up Maschine+ with S49 (displaying different content on each screen)?

PK The DJ
PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,003 Guru
edited June 2022 in Maschine

I had been wondering for some time if the displays on the S series keyboards were capable of showing their own content rather than just mirroring the Maschine+ displays.

Apparently it's possible according to a brief comment by Nadine at 5:25 in this video:

The question is, how? I can't find any documentation about this. How and where is it set up, and what options (if any) do we have regarding what's displayed?

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓

It kind of can show it's own content, but it depends on how you define that; if you expect each device to be focused on a different Group for example then that is not possible but if you want say have the Keyboard focused on the Mixer and the M+ focused on Ideas Mode than it's possible, same Group tho.

Basically, any KKS button that triggers a Menu in Maschine can be accessed without changing whatever Menu is selected on the M+ / MK3 (or any other 4x4 Controller) and vice versa - For KK mk2 the buttons would be Browser, Mixer, Scene, Pattern, Track and Key Mode.

Answers

• BigPictureSound
    BigPictureSound Member Posts: 47 Member
    edited May 2022

Hmm I can’t recall if the keyboard is supposed to be run inside Komplete Kontrol plugin while running maschine in native mode for separate screen displays. Will let you know when I hit the studio.

No idea about Maschine+ in standalone, guessing no since the video is for the regular version.

• PK The DJ

Ah yes, I didn't notice the Maschine in the video was the controller. Her comment was the only reference I could find of this function though.

• D-One
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓

It kind of can show it's own content, but it depends on how you define that; if you expect each device to be focused on a different Group for example then that is not possible but if you want say have the Keyboard focused on the Mixer and the M+ focused on Ideas Mode than it's possible, same Group tho.

Basically, any KKS button that triggers a Menu in Maschine can be accessed without changing whatever Menu is selected on the M+ / MK3 (or any other 4x4 Controller) and vice versa - For KK mk2 the buttons would be Browser, Mixer, Scene, Pattern, Track and Key Mode.

• PK The DJ
    edited June 2022

OK thanks @D-One that makes sense.

[edit] not quite understanding the 'answer' flag here. I'd have thought it'd be me that decides what's an answer or not, but it seems it's the person who writes the post..

So now I've flagged this post as an answer, thinking it would flag yours - and I can't seem to unflag it. 🙄

• D-One
    edited June 2022

You assign the right answer to whatever post answers your question, in this case, it's my comment.

The reason is basically if other people come here with the same question they don't have to dig thru lots of pages to see the answer since it will be pinned on every page. I'm not sure if I can unflag it, I'll check with the team.

• PK The DJ

....but I didn't assign it to your post. When I saw your post it was already marked as an answer so I assumed you'd done it.