Can anyone help with an output issue?

col71
col71 Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited May 2022 in Maschine

I'm using a Maschine Mk2 with a 2013 iMac which is running High Sierra 10.13.6, I was also using Ground Control Cube to sample from my iTunes library and it was all working fine.

But now its stopped working, I can see the output levels playing in the Maschine software, in the Ground Control Cube and in the iMac system preferences, they all show that something is playing but I hear no sound at all. I have triple checked the audio preferences in Maschine, Ground Control Cube and the iMac but I can't figure out what the problem is. It's seems like a simple fix but I just can't see it.

I would really appreciate any advice on the issue.

Thanks.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    Answer ✓

You have to set up the OUPUT of Control cube to be whatever your speakers are connected too, probably "Built-In Output".

Answers

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

Hey @col71, are you using any audio interface?

Feel free to share a screenshot of your audio routings across your different plugins.

• col71

Hi Nico_NI,

Yes I'm using Ground Control Cube as an interface and these are my screen shots:

The first two screen shots are from Ground control Cube:

These screen shots are from the Maschine desk top software:

And these last two screen shots are from the settings on my iMac:

It feels like I've just clicked on one wrong thing but I have no idea what it is.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

C.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    Answer ✓

You have to set up the OUPUT of Control cube to be whatever your speakers are connected too, probably "Built-In Output".

• col71

Yes! Thanks for this, it had to be something simple. When I first set the output in Ground Control Cube to built in output, it didn't work. So I did the same in Maschine audio preferences, then it worked but nothing was coming through Ground Control Cube, so I changed the input/output settings in Maschine back to Ground Control channel 2 and it worked.

I'm just learning Maschine and I knew it had to be something I changed.

Thanks again.