Where are my M+ projects?

GoliatGar
GoliatGar Member Posts: 26 Member
edited May 2022 in Maschine

Hi peeps,

Recently I've realised that not all my projects are listed in Maschine+ (Standalone) when I tap on Browse : Projects : (tap on) User.

Here some weird facts

• If I open the Projects from the SD card in my computer, I can count 24 projects (not all of these have projectName+Samples folder, I think that's OK).
  • If I go to Browse:Projects:User in M+ only 9 projects are listed. If I go to File:Recent, there is 1 project that was not listed in Browse. Then I open it. After, when I go to Browse, now it shows 10 projects. Aaaaand if I tap on rescan it disappears and goes back to 9 projects.

Not sure when did it start happening, I think even before the latest update... I replaced the SD card back in February, not sure if it could be related.

Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

Note: I taped on rescan multiple times.

Best Answer

• GoliatGar
    Answer ✓

Hi nice people. So I've done your suggested Backup + Format + Copy Back and everything worked back again.

This is a bit hilarious as the SD was working when plugged to the Laptop, and it opened the missing projects without any problem.

Also what's weird is the fact of loading a missing project from Recent, that then shows in Browse, and then after Rescan it disappears 🤯

So the main solution for this situations seems to be formatting the SD what's a bit awkward. Next time will be my first try. A bit time consuming but better than losing projects I would say.

thank you all!

Answers

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,300 Expert

Projects are located under /Native Instruments/Maschine 2/Projects/

I guess putting them under /Native Instruments/User Content/ will have odd side effects.

• GoliatGar
    edited May 2022

The projects are in their default folder (NI/Maschine 2/Projects).

When I wrote User I meant in M+ screen I tap on User button to only show my projects.

• GoliatGar

@D-One you the GOAT, do you have any clue? This is quite strange but can't see anything wrong in the setup 😥

• Space Cat 303
    Space Cat 303 Member Posts: 108 Advisor

After the 1.4 update, I had problems with some projects that appeared but did not open anymore, I had reset M+ and everything works perfectly now

• GoliatGar

@Space Cat 303 excuse me what do you mean "I had reset M+"?

Do you mean restarting it? For sure I've turned on/off M+ many times since then.

Or do you mean another thing?

Thanks!

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited May 2022

Hum... Can't say I've ever experienced this behavior, are the projects old? Can you upload one of those that does not show up so I can have a look? If it's too private then send via PM if you like.

As a workaround, I'd suggest opening one of those projects that does not show up on the computer and saving a copy to check if saving a new version fixes it, could be a version-related bug.

He means a hard reset, it makes the device go back to a factory state, as a downside you lose favorites and have to reinstall everything again; it's a last resort kind of measure. It shows up in the Settings> System as an option if you hold Shift.

• GoliatGar

First of all thank you for your help.

are the projects old

Well I wouldn't say, all were created in this same M+, maximum 9 months ago. So for example it's showing a project from Aug 2021 and not another one from Jan 2022.

I've just opened some of that projects in the computer with Maschine 2.15.2, and [saved it as...] with another name. After rescan nothing changed.

Regarding the reset, I've just done it from Settings>System, and set it up again, and still shows 9 projects :(

Here a link to what was going on before the reset https://youtu.be/ZSenvqgEeCY

Here you can find some of the projects [without samples]

Thank you in advance.

• D-One
    edited May 2022

Humm... That is strange indeed. All your projects attached show up just fine for me. Is Maschine an up-to-date version on the computer?

Try this: Copy all your projects to the mac, delete them from the SD, then copy them back.

If that fails I guess you can try backing up everything, formating your SD, then copying everything back again, just in case there's some corruption issue with the SD it might be worth a try, this probably requires reinstalling things (expansions, instruments, etc...) - Be careful and make sure you save anything important.

If none of that works get in touch with tech support, you might have some kind of rare issue.

• D-One

This is probably unrelated but projects with Rektor stuff crash/freeze my M+, like your Corrooo.mxprj. This happens with some of my projects aswell.

• GoliatGar

Indeed Corrooo.mxprj uses VHS AS from this post. However, it was working fine, at least while M+ was listing the project 😅. The others don't use any Reaktor stuff I think.

So my projects show up in your M+? Ok then I'll try your suggestion of formatting the SD (backing up stuff first).

I'll come back with (I hope good) news.

• Space Cat 303

I must say that before the reset, I had copied my entire SD card to the PC, then formatted the SD, and copied the contents back to the card

I think that all this had arranged things well because since then I no longer have any bugs or problems reading the project.

Or your SD card has failed

• GoliatGar
    Answer ✓

Hi nice people. So I've done your suggested Backup + Format + Copy Back and everything worked back again.

This is a bit hilarious as the SD was working when plugged to the Laptop, and it opened the missing projects without any problem.

Also what's weird is the fact of loading a missing project from Recent, that then shows in Browse, and then after Rescan it disappears 🤯

So the main solution for this situations seems to be formatting the SD what's a bit awkward. Next time will be my first try. A bit time consuming but better than losing projects I would say.

thank you all!

• Space Cat 303

Glad that solved your problem.

It's a bit long to do yes, but it only happened once, after this big update

I don't think it will happen often

• D-One
    edited June 2022

Glad it's sorted.

What SD Card are you using? I think in your video I saw it's one of those tiny cards that has an adapter, if so, I'd recommend getting one that is already the correct size since it eliminates a point of failure.

I know the M+ comes with a card using those adapters out of the box but I would not trust it tbh.

I'm not sure why but SD cards can be finicky, in the photography/video world where SD are common camera manufacturers usually have a list of recommended / compatible cards even tho technically anything should work.