Electric Sunburst; Possible to use multiple sound presets in a song?

Billy86
Billy86 Member Posts: 29 Member

I have a song laid out using keyswitch patterns in my DAW PRV using a sound preset (let’s call it sound preset 1). Works fine. What I would like to do is switch sound preset 1 to sound preset 2 in the chorus section, and then switch back to sound preset 1 for the verses, then switch back to sound preset 2 for the chorus, etc.

So my question is: can I use more than one sound preset in a single instance of Electric Sunburst? If so, how do I do that? I would say I’m a novice to intermediate when it comes to MIDI. It seems like what I want to accomplish might be a MIDI program change? Just a guess on my part. Any suggestions would be appreciated! I'm assuming the same answer/procedure would hold for the other NI VSTi guitars?

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

There is no way to select presets via midi, but can be done by either having Two instances of ESB loaded and use one for the Verse and one for the Chorus. Or Create a Kontakt Instrument Bank, again loading two instances of ESB and using a Program Change message to switch between the two on a single track. You can read up on instrument banks in the Kontakt Manual!

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

There is no way to select presets via midi, but can be done by either having Two instances of ESB loaded and use one for the Verse and one for the Chorus. Or Create a Kontakt Instrument Bank, again loading two instances of ESB and using a Program Change message to switch between the two on a single track. You can read up on instrument banks in the Kontakt Manual!