can anyone help me learn to use rebellion?

2p_Rammin
2p_Rammin Member Posts: 4 Member

I have it downloaded, but i have no idea where or even how to begin setting it up. Any help at all would be much appreciated :D

Best Answer

• terminar
    terminar Member Posts: 1 Member
    Answer ✓

Hi,

Rebellion developer here. You are misunderstanding what Rebellion is for (please read the README.md of the project). It is the opposite - use the NI devices with the ecosystem/software/drivers in parallel for different things, not only with Maschine2/Komplete. I wanted to use the devices for other stuff without loosing compatibility/functionality.

There is a side project prototype using the hardware directly but that is just a PoC and will not be released.

You should better take a look at CABL (https://github.com/shaduzlabs/cabl) but also, this is just for developers with an idea, it is not "enduser usable" (someone should correct me if I am wrong).

Join the discord or write an email to me if you have any further questions.

Bye

Björn

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

What is “Rebellion”. Please provide some context, and system specs etc.

• 2p_Rammin
    edited May 2022

Oh sorry, i guess i probably should have explained what it is XD. Rebellion is an ongoing project still in it's alpha stages that aims to let people use Native Instruments hardware without the need for NI software. The reason i need rebellion is because i'm using a MASCHINE MK1 that i got second hand, and the MK1 is no longer supported by NI because it's a legacy product. Now, this is a big problem because i'm using MacOS Monterey. Which means that i can't run any of the software, because it's all 32-bit Meaning i can't even use the MASCHINE. At all, and so rebellion was my savior, the answer to all my problems...That was until i realized that i couldn't launch it because it didn't come with instructions on how to A: launch it it, or B: even how to set it up.

(Edit. The instructions they provide are vague and confusing at best)

Also thank you for taking the time to respond.

Github Link Here: https://github.com/terminar/rebellion

• 2p_Rammin

Also i'm using a 2019 iMac with these specs:

Processor: 3.7 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5

Memory: 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Startup Disk: Macintosh HD

Graphics Card: Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB

I Hope this helps

• terminar
    terminar Member Posts: 1 Member
    Answer ✓

Hi,

Rebellion developer here. You are misunderstanding what Rebellion is for (please read the README.md of the project). It is the opposite - use the NI devices with the ecosystem/software/drivers in parallel for different things, not only with Maschine2/Komplete. I wanted to use the devices for other stuff without loosing compatibility/functionality.

There is a side project prototype using the hardware directly but that is just a PoC and will not be released.

You should better take a look at CABL (https://github.com/shaduzlabs/cabl) but also, this is just for developers with an idea, it is not "enduser usable" (someone should correct me if I am wrong).

Join the discord or write an email to me if you have any further questions.

Bye

Björn

• 2p_Rammin

Thank you so much for clearing it up. i may just end up selling my Maschine MK1 and some other equipment that i can't use for a total of about enough to buy a new MASCHINE MK3. that way i don't need to worry about any of this 32-bit non compatibility Mac garbage. because all the drivers that i need are built into it as far as i'm aware, correct me if i'm wrong. i hope that CABL works because i still think that MK1 is a BEAST of a -Drum machine/sampler.

thank you for your time.