Where in Kontakt Studio Drummer are the HH open/close via Mod Wheel controlled?

bhuether1
bhuether1 Member Posts: 13 Member

I am trying to figure out how Studio Drummer is using Mod Wheel for controlling how open/closed a high hat is. I can't find anything in the Kontakt instrument editor that shows how Mod Wheel is being used.

I generated some MIDI from Logic's Drummer, and I am trying to figure out how to play back the HH samples in Studio Drummer that most closely match what Logic Drummer was playing. Logic Drummer uses 7 degrees of open/close via CC1, and so I am trying to edit Studio Drummer accordingly.

thanks

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

With the "Default" Midi Mapping Preset, the A#1 open/HH is controlled by the mod wheel. If you hover the mouse over the key on The Kontakt Keyboard (and you have INFO enabled, press F9 if not enabled) it will show "HiHat Open Control", increasing the mod wheel closes the Hat.

• bhuether1

Ok, in looking at Logic Drummer, I came across this:

So here it talks about how for F#1, G#1, and A#1, CC1 can be used to control openness of those 3 note types. When Drummer produces MIDI, I see Logic specific Articulation ID's. Login uses 7 of these IDs. So I am going through a Drummer MIDI file, and looking what Studio Drummer has, and trying to figure ot if there is a way to map degrees of openness to F#1, G#1, and A#1.

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

Section 5 of the Manual discusses the different articulations for the different kits so you may want to take a look at that. Don't have logic, but can you specify/change the note played by an articulation Id? if so, pick the note that is the SD articulation you want and map it to the articulation ID...

• bhuether1

Ok, manual shows

Open Controller**

Open Pedal

Open Quarter

Open Half

Open Three-Quarters

Open Loose

Open Full

So I guess that is 6 degrees of open, and 1 fully closed, which cover Logic's 7 articulations perhaps.