Product Registration & Tying Product to Account

ActivelyFrustrated
ActivelyFrustrated Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited May 2022 in Kontakt

I purchased Kontakt for a friend and someone I'm commissioning music for. The product key is sitting under My Products, but when I go through the options given to request transfer, I see no products registered under my account. So how do I transfer it without it effectively binding exclusive to my account?

Asking this here since Support is we'll say LESS THAN OPTIMAL to put it politely (whoever in the tech space started normalized automating these things via a !$*#ing flow chart & chat bot need to be ejected into the sun but not before public shaming lol.)

Best Answer

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,788 Expert
    Answer ✓

Well, it seems, you have to add Kontakt serial to your Native Access first. And after that it will appear at Licence Transfer page....

But, there might be a catch (I am not sure)... Products appear as Non Transferable for 3 months since registration (or gaining). It does not mean it is not possible to transfer it. Just it is not possible using automatic Transfer using web, but instead one has to open a Ticket with request for given Licence.

So, probably best is to register Kontakt to your Native Access. And then either do Licence Transfer using web (if possible), or open Ticket for Licence Transfer (if Kontakt marked as Non Transferable.)

Answers

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,788 Expert
    Answer ✓

Well, it seems, you have to add Kontakt serial to your Native Access first. And after that it will appear at Licence Transfer page....

But, there might be a catch (I am not sure)... Products appear as Non Transferable for 3 months since registration (or gaining). It does not mean it is not possible to transfer it. Just it is not possible using automatic Transfer using web, but instead one has to open a Ticket with request for given Licence.

So, probably best is to register Kontakt to your Native Access. And then either do Licence Transfer using web (if possible), or open Ticket for Licence Transfer (if Kontakt marked as Non Transferable.)