How much is the S49 MK2 with Komplete 13 during the summer sale?

MightyQuinn15
MightyQuinn15 Member Posts: 3 Member

Hello, I'm just looking for someone that's been around for a few of these summer sales that could clue me in a little. I'm looking to buy an S49 MK2 keyboard and almost pulled the trigger until I learned about the summer sale. Why not wait a few days for a deal in June right?

Could someone tell me what they expect for the hardware/software bundles and deals? Will there be anything I can take advantage of when buying an S49 MK2?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,535 Expert
    Answer ✓

Well i've been around since Komplete 8 (over 10 years) but I have also noted the market change quite a bit, as an example I bought into Komplete when you had to actually install it from DVD or a USB HDD and had to pay a premium for it.

These days everyone is a "sale sucker" and it's been well known that having constant sales just conditions people into always waiting until there is a sale.

What companies will now tend to do is offer something on sale just as a new product is about to release and then make that money back on selling you a specially discounted upgrade to the new release.

Typically NI have had sales around the usual holidays such as Mid year, Xmas/New Year, Halloween and usually only for software, hardware is seldom ever on sale direct from NI that I have seen.

I recall way back in the past just before a new Komplete bundle would launch you could get a 50% discount on the bundle but this has changed because companies no longer have to clear stock of hard copies now everything is download, they can have much smaller discounts or offer more enticing "suckerscription" deals to leach your cash out constantly.

So possibly at mid year, maybe at Halloween/thanksgiving and possibly at xmas but nothing is a guarantee and you could just end up losing time waiting for something that never happens.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

It is any bodies Guess, no one will know until the Sale actually starts.

• MightyQuinn15

Thank you but I’m actually looking for anyones guess. Someone that’s been around for previous sales that maybe has an idea of the usual.

• JesterMgee
    Answer ✓

Well i've been around since Komplete 8 (over 10 years) but I have also noted the market change quite a bit, as an example I bought into Komplete when you had to actually install it from DVD or a USB HDD and had to pay a premium for it.

These days everyone is a "sale sucker" and it's been well known that having constant sales just conditions people into always waiting until there is a sale.

What companies will now tend to do is offer something on sale just as a new product is about to release and then make that money back on selling you a specially discounted upgrade to the new release.

Typically NI have had sales around the usual holidays such as Mid year, Xmas/New Year, Halloween and usually only for software, hardware is seldom ever on sale direct from NI that I have seen.

I recall way back in the past just before a new Komplete bundle would launch you could get a 50% discount on the bundle but this has changed because companies no longer have to clear stock of hard copies now everything is download, they can have much smaller discounts or offer more enticing "suckerscription" deals to leach your cash out constantly.

So possibly at mid year, maybe at Halloween/thanksgiving and possibly at xmas but nothing is a guarantee and you could just end up losing time waiting for something that never happens.

• MightyQuinn15

@JesterMgee That is a bit discouraging but I appreciate the honest response. Not a “sale sucker” by the way, just new to all of this, heard of the potential sale so I thought it might be worth a little wait.

• JesterMgee

Well always worth a wait if you are in no rush. Obviously companies wont advertise they are about to have a sale but historically as I mentioned, around the "big" holidays, possibly even a July 4th thing may happen (tho that means nothing to me as i'm not American). Guess it depends how long you are willing to hold out and if a 20% sale rocks round, if you wanted to hold out for a 30 or 50% sale a few months later.