TrailerCue
TrailerCue Member Posts: 3 Member

Hi,

My specs are:

MacBook Pro

Monterey 12.3.1

Apple M1 Pro

Logic 10.7.4 (Not running with Rosetta)

Kontakt 6.7.1 (Not running with Rosetta)

I was opening some Logic projects that were completed at the end of 2021/beginning of 2022, and a good number of my instrument tracks with the Kontakt plugin no longer have the library loaded - the right hand window is blank. Some of these blank tracks have the library loaded in previous Logic alternatives, but sometimes the same track is blank. If I've not added any new tracks to the Alternative, I've been able to add the tracks from previous alternatives and just moved over the Kontakt plugin to the current alternative channel. But some of my alternatives added new items, so I don't have all of the settings for the library/instrument (perhaps there is a way to see that info in the package).

Anyone else seeing issues like this?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Best Answer

• TrailerCue
    Answer ✓

Turns out it had something to do with the Kontakt outputs being different from their default state. I reset Kontakt to its default outputs. Then it said the samples were missing, which is weird because they hadn't moved. But finding the samples repopulated all the missing plugins with the correct library. Very strange indeed!

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

By alternatives you mean older Logic projects ? It's a bit tricky to fully get my head around it. Maybe screenshots would help here.

Were these projects saved with an older version of Kontakt (then only in Rosetta mode) ? Have you tried to open these old projects with Logic in Rosetta mode ?

If you create a new project, save it and open it again, do you get missing libraries as well ?

• TrailerCue

Hey Jeremy,

By Alternatives I mean that it's a new version of the song (after fixing things from publisher feedback). I didn't do any of these in Rosetta mode.

I think I may actually have found a pattern. A template that I downloaded for Reaper had me create some Kontakt multi-outputs for the template's routing (in the Kontakt standalone app) for mic positions. Each Kontakt instance that has this new output setting is missing the library in the window. The other tracks that have the default Kontakt outputs have the libraries in them. I'm going to contact the guy that created the Reaper template and see if I can reset it back to default.

I've attached a screenshot of the Kontakt plugin with the default outputs and the library present and the new outputs and the library absent.

Once I hear back and can get the outputs back to default for all of the kontakt instances, I'll update to let you know if it is resolved.

Thanks!

Scott

• TrailerCue
    Answer ✓

Turns out it had something to do with the Kontakt outputs being different from their default state. I reset Kontakt to its default outputs. Then it said the samples were missing, which is weird because they hadn't moved. But finding the samples repopulated all the missing plugins with the correct library. Very strange indeed!

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@TrailerCue Thanks for sharing the solution!