Copying/pasting/moving clips around

adic27
adic27 Member Posts: 65 Member
edited May 2022 in Maschine

It was bad enough we couldn't move patterns around but why does moving clips around always seem to mess something else up??? And is there a way to copy and paste clips from the middle of an arrangement to the end without using "duplicate"? Seems impossible to simply use already created clips where I want with some weird automatic decision made by Maschine (developers) that does something to screw my arrangement up, without me realizing it until I sit and listen to the whole thing.

And in some cases "undo" has to be hit a million times to get back to where I have to figure out How to get things to work as intended! And I'm not talking about hitting "undo" a million times because that's how many times I messed up, but rather it seriously should be this way. Shouldn't have to hit undo 50 times when all is needed is literally one time, LITERALLY! I'm referring to stretching the scenes. Undoing stretching a scene takes too many damn undo hits

Thanks

Comments

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

Unfortunately, the whole clips thing needs major work, it takes some "Thinking Ahead" to prevent messing up an arrangement. Hopefully they will continue to improve the workflow...🤔

• Olihop
    Olihop Member Posts: 152 Advisor

To copy a clip there is this simple way:

In the arrange view, select the clip to be copied with the scroll wheel. Press shift+pad11 (copy), then position the playhead where you want to copy the clip and press pad12 (paste). Job is done

• Blindeddie

I just tried this and got some very strange results (events moving to different sound slots, some events not being pasted etc...) I will give it another go later to see if I may be doing something wrong!

• Olihop

Indeed, before copying you have to select the first sound that has an event. Like this it will work.

• Blindeddie

Yeah, I can see myself forgetting to do that a lot...🤪

• Olihop

You're not the only one 😁

• bigman725
    bigman725 Member Posts: 1 Member

Is there a way to copy and paste a clip with the mouse? I did It once but forgot how to do it.

• Blindeddie

Select all aevents in the clip, create a new (empty) clip, Paste events...

• j.silva
    j.silva Member Posts: 2 Member

Thank god I'm not the only one asking why this haven't been implemented. It's been years already. "DUPLICATE" was a step ahead, but then you have to keep moving everything around or it will mess up the other clips. C'mon guys, even DAW's from the 80's could do this. 🤦‍♂️

• coongaman
    coongaman Member Posts: 16 Helper

Dropped in and it is sad to see how slow the development of Maschine have been.

And yes, these are basic functions!

It is a clear evidence of who they put first; first timers that have no clue and want to make hits and be millionaires really fast…NI just follow they statistics on who buy their stuff the most. Shame on you NI!

• j.silva
    j.silva Member Posts: 2 Member

In NI fashion, I bet were gonna see a few more "Limited Edition" hardware units before we see a COPY/PASTE function in song mode. How about a Halloween Orange Maschine Plus? You could draw little bats and skeletons on it. Maybe a Christmas themed one? Can't wait!

• Blindeddie
  • Eric Rabb
    Eric Rabb Member Posts: 40 Member

This clips “Thing” mediocre at best, we need recordable performance automation, the ability to use mute Automation in arranger/song mode. No one from Native Instruments has ever gave a reason why this has never been implemented. It’s definitely one of the most user requested feature. It’s only been 5+ years of requesting. If it can’t be done jus say that NI, Geeez.😖