GR6 How to save new macro name

Stuart Park
Stuart Park Member Posts: 26 Member
edited May 2022 in Guitar Rig & FX

In the macros tool I have been trying to change the names of some of the macros from whatever default GR6 seems to want to apply - e.g. I want to change 'Silent Mode' (default) to 'Mute'.

Q1. When I make such a change it does not trigger an asterisk beside the preset name - should it do so? I'd expect it to because I have made a change to the preset?

If I force the asterisk by making an unrelated change elsewhere in the rack and save the preset, then move to another preset then back to the one I've just edited, the change has not been saved.

Q2. What am I doing wrong please?

Thanks

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

after renaming the macro knobs/buttons that have already been assigned, move at least one component/macro control to trigger the "Asterisk", then save... for some reason it does not consider the "Rename" as a preset modification...🤷‍♂️

• Stuart Park

Ok thanks. That sounds like a definite bug but, as you should see from the second half of my post, I have tried doing as you suggest (my terminology "forcing the asterisk") and it still does not save the new name. Any further thoughts?

Thanks again.

• Blindeddie

At a loss, it works for me no problem!

• Stuart Park

Ok thanks. Do you have any idea as to how I might escalate this to get tech support involved?

• Blindeddie
    Answer ✓
  • Stuart Park

Thanks for the link - I will do that.

However, on reflection I think this may have something to do with the fact that I am renaming a macro linked to a specific control. The Tuner is a tool and, I suppose, it is deemed to be a global one. Hence (and I am guessing) this confuses matters considerably. I will mention this in my ticket but I am guessing that when you were trying it out you were not renaming a macro associated with the tuner?

Thanks for your help.

• Blindeddie

That could be...those may be locked to the "Assigned" name... Post back when/if you get an answer from TS.

• Stuart Park

Will do. And here are some extra characters to please this web page's insane validation rules.