Maschine Mikro MK2, Kontrol S5

ReMeega
ReMeega Member Posts: 4 Member

Hello everyone. Hope i'm in a right place. Could you please explain to me how to integrate/combine Maschine Mikro MK2 with traktor kontrol S5? Is it possible to send maschine signal in to one of traktor channels and control volume, efects etc...? Thank you very much for the answer.

Best Answer

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,038 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello, you can do that https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/210263965-How-to-Use-MASCHINE-as-a-MIDI-Controller-for-TRAKTOR and additional mappings are on the traktorbible page, there is also a project called "maschine one" as far as I remember.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,654 mod

For audio, you can use the Line In RCA's to route audio into Traktor but you will need additional audio interface for Maschine software to output from.

You can also check out virtual audio cables (drivers) they introduce some more latency but usable.

Then go into Traktor preferences and configure the input channel under routing options for the Deck you wish to route Maschine in to. finally set that deck to Live Input and you should now hear the Maschine software.

• ReMeega

Hello Guys thank you very much for the answer. Still can not figure out how to do with a virtual cables. Strange that Kontrol S5 and machine does not suport each other very well.

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,038 mod

if you just want to use maschine to control a deck or any function in traktor you don´t need a virtual cable. Only if you want to use maschine software besides traktor a virtual cable is one option.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,788 Expert

@ReMeega

It is not clear, what you want to use Mikro for.

Do you want use Mikro as a controller for Traktor? Or do you want use Mikro for producing music/sounds that go to Traktor (to one or more Traktor decks) and only S5 would be used for mixing and so on.

• ReMeega

Hello Kubrak. Thank tou for poating. I would like to add maschine mikro mk2 as a separate deck in a traktor. I want to use kontrol's s5 one chanell but can't figure out how to do this? Thank you for the answer

• ReMeega

see these possibilities:

1. Just choose Traktor Kontrol S5 as the Sound device in Maschine. The most simple solutions but with no possibility to assign the maschine audiostream to a traktor deck for mixing right? Volume control for maschine onlay possible in maschine.

2. Buy an audio interface which is chosen in Maschine as output and connects with a cable to the line in of Kontrol S5.