Suddenly Native Access doesn't allow to relocate download?

BigBlue
BigBlue Member Posts: 13 Member
edited May 2022 in Native Access

Hi,

I have to download a few libraries and other stuff that got lost with my SSD. So at the beginning Native Access was asking me for each product, if I want to download it and if so, where to put the content. After the button INSTALL, it offered me to relocate the content. Means, to save it on another device or folder then the original destination from years ago when I last downloaded it. Great so far! Well at least I thought.. I tried to figure out what makes more sense, what is still on my computer and what was put on my lost SSD. So after 5 minutes checking what to put on my new SSD I closed the installation window to check for something else. (Nothing of interest) OK, now I was sure, where to put the content of (for example 50s Abbey Road Drummer), I went back to Native Access, I clicked again on install expecting the window opens again that offers me to relocate content, downloads, and another thing. But this window never opened up again! Now, after clicking on install below the Abbey Road Drummer window, it directly wants to download! Then immediately a window opens with a warning sign that says that there's not enough space on my computer. Well! Of course there's not enough this is why it needs to be installed on my SSD!! But the window to relocate or to change the path of your download NEVER came up again. I refreshed the whole Native Access page, I logged out I logged in, no matter what product I choose now, it either starts a download on to my computer (if the data is small enough) or the warning sign pops up and it says "download not possible, not enough space".

Wooow this is so illogical! Like Native Access is insulted now "You took to long to choose the path, now you missed your chance!"

What can I do now? The stuff needs to go on my new SSD. Thank you

UPDATE: Ok now I found on Native Access the preferences window that allows me to change file location for download, application and content. But I can only choose one setting for all required downloads. And not a specific one for each single product. Which is important because some stuff needs to go somewhere else...... 😐️

Best Answers

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert
    Answer βœ“

What I do, if I want to install to more than one locations is that I set location 1 in NA and install all that should go to that location. Than I change NA setup to location 2 and download & install. And so on.

NA remembers where things were installed and if there is update it updates it at location where it already has been, regardless the NA installation setup.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,319 mod
    Answer βœ“

There is also the possibility to move a Kontakt library after installation and guide Native Access to the new location: Moving a Native Instruments Product to Another Location on Your Computer The new location will also be remembered by Native Access.

Answers

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert
    Answer βœ“

What I do, if I want to install to more than one locations is that I set location 1 in NA and install all that should go to that location. Than I change NA setup to location 2 and download & install. And so on.

NA remembers where things were installed and if there is update it updates it at location where it already has been, regardless the NA installation setup.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,319 mod
    Answer βœ“

There is also the possibility to move a Kontakt library after installation and guide Native Access to the new location: Moving a Native Instruments Product to Another Location on Your Computer The new location will also be remembered by Native Access.

• BigBlue
    BigBlue Member Posts: 13 Member

Thank you for your help!