Kontakt Instances blank after project copy

vad777
vad777 Member Posts: 45 Member
edited May 2022 in Kontakt

transferred a cubase project from pc to mac, now when I open the project on the nee computer all kontakt instances are empty, kontakt is not even giving me an error that there are missing instruments not gives me a dialogue to point to kontakt libraries folder.

I used VST2 version on the windows pc and also using vst2 version of kontakt on this macbook

Tagged:

Comments

• vad777

any help greatly appreciated

• silentio246
    silentio246 Member Posts: 33 Member

If cubase could load the kontakt plugin, but kontakt could not load the libraries, you should check the path to the kontakt libraries on mac, if not the same as on the pc. Or manually load them, and save this project on mac.

• vad777

but Kontakt should bring up the dialogue that its missing sample content. Here that doesn't happen, if Kontakt would show an error to resolve the samples i would have pointed it to the Kontakt library directory.

• silentio246

I agree, kontakt should show an error in this case. Maybe ask support ?

• vad777
  • silentio246

This is a user forum. Support is here: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/de

• vad777

Ok thanks I’ll try support

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hi @vad777 did you manage to solve with issue with empty instances? The problem could be that there's a version mismatch as well. Make sure both your PC and mac have the same version of Kontakt just in case.

• ngodzillaa2
    ngodzillaa2 Member Posts: 8 Member
    edited October 2022

"Make sure both your PC and mac have the same version of Kontakt just in case."

why ? WHY in the hell would any software need to be same version to remember something as simple as the path to an instrument ?

Everytime there's an update, my template looses all it's content.. all kontakt instances are blank ! days of work to fix. Makes you reaaaaaally want to avoid using kontakt.

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    edited October 2022

Because the file format changes in every new version (due to new features added etc etc).

The Kontakt version should be the same or higher vs the version the project is coming from.

However, a Kontakt point version update shouldn't change anything in your projects or templates. In fact I've never seen it happen personally... Say I update from K6.5 to K6.6, all my projects opened just fine, no blank instances. So there's something else at play here, I suspect...

• vad777

hello again. I still havent solved this issue.

and I really need to recover this project.

I went back to the windows pc opened that project and now even the original project has all kontakt instances all blank. I'm positive it was Kontakt 6 back then and I have both version 6 and 7 installed there

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited September 2023

I've experienced this many times and most recently it happened yesterday. AR Drums and Scarbee didn't load. The project wasn't transferred, but I suspect this is a glitch within an older version of Cubase.

Fortunately I always save my projects, with any significant changes, under a new name. By the end I have up to 40 versions. 'mySong_041.cpr'

So the process for me will be to open a version that loads the instruments to take note of all instruments used, and reload them in the recent version. If the instrument has been modified I save it with a new name (eg AR Drums2023), so that it can be loaded with all tweaks into the broken project.

Hope that helps.