What does the .6 Firmware for KK series fix?

nightjar
nightjar Member Posts: 1,274 Guru

Another thread in KK says that a .6 firmware is available for the S series keyboards.

What issues does this firmware fix?

And when will all S series owners get access to the latest firmware?

Best Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,291 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey @nightjar So this firmware update is to support an alternative processor for the handling of all data from/to the touchstrip, only for newer devices made. There was no functional change and no need to release it on our website.

• nightjar
    Answer ✓

Thank you for finding and sharing the answer to this question.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

It appears the “Users” on the forum have little to no information on .6 firmware as is kind of obvious from the replies in the post you mention.

• nightjar
    edited May 2022

And now this flawed community forum has marked my question as "Answered" when it clearly has not been answered.

NI needs to step up its game in this community forum design as well as a many other issues.

Edit... just saw that there is a way to reject an answer.. so points to NI for that.

Why other thread starters don't use this feature is strange. Is it something new?

• nightjar

So will someone from NI answer this question so all KK S Series users can know?

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/downloads/drivers-other-files/?_ga=2.76225555.707918853.1653592075-22050375.1649878139 here in the downloads section you have a info to every official update

• nightjar

No.. As I said in the first post, the newest firmware is not available..Your link is to the older version.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,531 Expert

He's talking about the fact a user posted they have 0.60 firmware on a new keyboard but the firmware updater available only has v0.59 and somehow this means there is a new fix for something where it could be many things, including a bug.

And now this flawed community forum has marked my question as "Answered" when it clearly has not been answered.

That would be because when someone replies to a question it considers it a "potential" answer so as to not have the question hanging on the "unanswered list". The OP can simply reject the answer if it does not suit, doing things the opposite way and waiting till the OP accepted an answer would be a nightmare.

Why other thread starters don't use this feature is strange. Is it something new?

Plenty do (if you were one of the users that actually involves themselves with helping) and no it is nothing new, it has been a feature since the first day. I also see moderators around here marking the correct answer since some users do not reject an incorrect answers so mods are doing plenty, again you would know if you were more into assisting users.

• nightjar

It's not until you ask a question as an original post that you see this feedback.

And I have not asked a question as an original post until today.

So there's that.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,531 Expert

So to decrypt what you are trying to say there, you are saying it's not obvious how it works until you actually ask a question? I have not asked questions at all on the forum, just observed how the answer system seems to work when people ask questions and figured out how it works, since it's a pretty standard/simple system.

Also, in the welcome thread (which I know we all read) :)

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/28/how-to-guide-wrap-your-head-around-our-new-space#latest

it suggests to select the "Best Answer" when you get one that addresses your issue

The automated system just marks your question as answered, you can then take charge if you like, reject it so it goes back into the "unanswered" bucket or select the "best" answer from the ones provided

• nightjar

Anyway... back to the point of this thread...

What's up with the .6 firmware for KK S series?

It's being installed on new keyboard deliveries, but it's not available to download for existing users.

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod

AHHH OK - then i don´t know, but can try ti find out

• Jeremy_NI

@nightjar I don't think this 0.6 firmware fixes anything in particular, but I will try to find out if any significant changes were made and/or why the new firmware is not yet available on our website.

• nightjar

Thanks for looking into it... curious to see what answer you may find.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

Hey @nightjar So this firmware update is to support an alternative processor for the handling of all data from/to the touchstrip, only for newer devices made. There was no functional change and no need to release it on our website.

• nightjar
    Answer ✓

Thank you for finding and sharing the answer to this question.