Lores sound drop

Zbigniew
Zbigniew Member Posts: 2 Member
edited May 2022 in Kontakt

Hi all, perhaps you can help me.

I have been experiencing an interesting problem. I downloaded and installed lores. If I have one instance loaded it plays fine for a moment, BUT if I change anything ex. drag midi, ad midi, add another instrument, press play stop and play again it stops playing, change volume or for that matter anything it goes silent and I have to reload the instance or reload the sound to make it play again. What is more if I have 2 Lores' in one session in DAW it it impossible to make them play as if I record something in one the other goes silent, so I reload the sound which makes the first one to die. kinda funny, more frustrating.

I am on windows 10, with the latest kontakt version, everything is updated. this never happens to any other kontakt instrument i have.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Plutogenie
    Plutogenie Member Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓

Hi @Zbigniew , @Scott Davis , @aniavi , @Jeremy_NI and @Kaiwan_NI

Customer Service got back to me with what appears to work as the solution to the first problem where a second Lores track appears to have no sound (eg during play, MIDI record).

It appears that each Lores track defaults to the ModWheel being in the zero (0) position. This means each new track will be silent.

Once I put the position to max (127), I was then able to play, record and playback a second Lores track with a first track I had recorded.

I hope this solution works for others too.

• Scott Davis
    Scott Davis Member Posts: 7 Member
    Answer ✓

thanks @Plutogenie, it worked

Answers

• Scott Davis
    edited May 2022

HeyZbig,

I have just bought Lores and am having very similar problems. If I run one instance of Lores, record a track then choose another patch and lay another track, when I try to playback them all, only one plays. If I lay 3 or 4 tracks with seperate Lores patches the same thing occurs, only on track will play back. I'm running a new M1 Mac Max, 32 gig ram, 1TB drive on Monterey, using a Kontakt 6 player, so there are no performance issues. Thanks Zbig, I hope someone from NI sees our posts and acts on it.

• Zbigniew
    Zbigniew Member Posts: 2 Member

no one else has this issue?

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

@Zbigniew You're the first to report this issue here. I see you've reached out to our support team as well. Pls update us how it goes.

• aniavi
    aniavi Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi everyone!

I'm having the exact same issue. Any progress from the support team?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@aniavi Unfortunately OP never got back to our support agents after a while. @Zbigniew Were you ever able to fix the issue, and if you did, how?

• Plutogenie
    edited January 2023

Hi Everyone

I’m a new Lores user and have been having the same problem when using Cakewalk. I can have multiple instances of other VSTs (eg Spitfire) in a track each, and all playback fine.

The first issue mentioned by the original OP turns out to be caused (at least in Cakewalk) by the “zero Controllers on stop” option being enabled under Edit->Project->MIDI->Other options. Disable this and then it works fine.

This same change fixes another issue I had in Spitfire dedicated and Kontakt plug-ins, where settings like Dynamics, Expression, Vibrato etc would also get reset when stopping playback.

The second issue raised by the OP, @Scott Davis (and possibly @aniavi ?) is the same that I am having. It looks like no one has a solution, so I will see whether contacting customer support helps. As I mentioned, this only happens with Lores. Other Kontakt libraries are fine.

EDIT: I’ve just submitted a support request. I’ll provide an update if there is a solution.

• Plutogenie
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓

Hi @Zbigniew , @Scott Davis , @aniavi , @Jeremy_NI and @Kaiwan_NI

Customer Service got back to me with what appears to work as the solution to the first problem where a second Lores track appears to have no sound (eg during play, MIDI record).

It appears that each Lores track defaults to the ModWheel being in the zero (0) position. This means each new track will be silent.

Once I put the position to max (127), I was then able to play, record and playback a second Lores track with a first track I had recorded.

I hope this solution works for others too.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@Plutogenie Thanks for sharing! 🙏

• Scott Davis
    Answer ✓

thanks @Plutogenie, it worked