How to change Cuba chord progressions

djecast
djecast Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited May 2022 in Kontakt

Is there any way possible to change the chord progressions that are programmed within Cuba for the melodic ensembles?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓

In the Cuba Melodic Ensembles GUI, to the right of the Pattern default (in the box), click on the <Edit> button which will open the pattern editor. Upper left drop down menu <Select Progression> shows the available pre-programmed chord progressions, which are tunable to the root key by (bottom left, same window), <Select Key>.

Beyond that you can use a Windows Explorer view to locate the actual midi files from the library and modify them to your hearts content by making a copy or Drag-n-drop to a midi track in your DAW, and separating them by instrument, if desired. Your results may vary... in my DAW, they are MIDI type 1, so when I drop it into a MIDI track, each instrument automatically sets itself up in a separate track instance. I then have to do a BUNCH of manipulation to the channel/output and many times the key range to get it all to work in a "break-out" type of session, but it can be done!

The patterns are in location: YOUR DRIVE:\YOUR LIBRARY LOCATIONS\Cuba\Library Data\MIDI Files Browser\filename.mid.

Good luck!

Answers

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓

In the Cuba Melodic Ensembles GUI, to the right of the Pattern default (in the box), click on the <Edit> button which will open the pattern editor. Upper left drop down menu <Select Progression> shows the available pre-programmed chord progressions, which are tunable to the root key by (bottom left, same window), <Select Key>.

Beyond that you can use a Windows Explorer view to locate the actual midi files from the library and modify them to your hearts content by making a copy or Drag-n-drop to a midi track in your DAW, and separating them by instrument, if desired. Your results may vary... in my DAW, they are MIDI type 1, so when I drop it into a MIDI track, each instrument automatically sets itself up in a separate track instance. I then have to do a BUNCH of manipulation to the channel/output and many times the key range to get it all to work in a "break-out" type of session, but it can be done!

The patterns are in location: YOUR DRIVE:\YOUR LIBRARY LOCATIONS\Cuba\Library Data\MIDI Files Browser\filename.mid.

Good luck!

• Jalmus
    Jalmus Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

What the hell?!!! I feel cheated. The product is unfinished, from which important features have been omitted. Percussion loops can be transferred to tracks like in Studio Drummer, but not piano loops, for example! This is the last Native Instruments product I will ever buy. ******!