How long Kontakt on sale? / M1 compatibility

bigcharles
bigcharles Member Posts: 2 Member
edited April 2022 in Kontakt

Hi all, total newbie-to-Kontakt here so... sorry if already asked:

1. I noticed yesterday Kontakt 6 is on sale - anyone know how long this will last? Do I need to jump on it ASAP?

2. There are always crossgrade hacks for knocking a few bucks off the $200 sale price, but I've also read that once you jump through hoops, the final price will not be appreciably different. Does anyone know the real scoop here?

3. I'm running Logic on a new MacBook Pro M1 Max. I have already been disappointed by Arturia (claim to be fully compatible but Analog V Collection 8 has a major license-ckecking bug that slows it horribly) so my question is: What's your advice on purchasing now, versus waiting?

I skimmed NI's statement about M1 compatibility quickly (very late, way past bedtime) and it didn't sound great. I don't want to get burned again, so any advice you can offer a Kontakt newb is appreciated!

Thx

Charles

Best Answer

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    Answer ✓

You can absolutely use the crossgrade deal, currently you would get Kontakt for $125. For example you get the free Impact Soundworks 88E library, you're eligible for the crossgrade.

Kontakt is M1 compatible since 6.7.0 (couple of months now).

Answers

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    Answer ✓

You can absolutely use the crossgrade deal, currently you would get Kontakt for $125. For example you get the free Impact Soundworks 88E library, you're eligible for the crossgrade.

Kontakt is M1 compatible since 6.7.0 (couple of months now).

• bigcharles
    bigcharles Member Posts: 2 Member

Many thanks Dragon.