How to use the Komplete A25 in standalone ?

jeff groom
jeff groom Member Posts: 14 Member
edited May 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

I have an A25 and a S series mk2 61 keys, how can I use the A25 in standalone, I have the Asio Driver installed on the computer. I also have a M-Audio interface. At the moment both keyboards can work together. I don't want to ruin the set up as it is, but I would like to use the A25 in standalone if one won't conflict. The A25 only has a usb connector but the M-Audio interface has midi in-out. Is any of this Feasable?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,535 Expert
    Answer ✓

You kind of cant without issues.

There is no way to set keyboards to behave separate from each other, what will typically happen is the "Smart" function will just always want to work on the first keyboard listed on the system which will be the A series. You can manually switch one to MIDI mode but I am pretty sure it still wont work correctly.

Been asked for years but alas, probably will never be possible to use multiple keyboards on the same system and of course, because the A series has no MIDI port you cannot use it "standalone"

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,535 Expert
    Answer ✓

You kind of cant without issues.

There is no way to set keyboards to behave separate from each other, what will typically happen is the "Smart" function will just always want to work on the first keyboard listed on the system which will be the A series. You can manually switch one to MIDI mode but I am pretty sure it still wont work correctly.

Been asked for years but alas, probably will never be possible to use multiple keyboards on the same system and of course, because the A series has no MIDI port you cannot use it "standalone"