Installing Komplete 12 on Mac OS 10.12.6/Sierra

jcshirke
jcshirke Member Posts: 19 Member
edited May 2022 in Native Access

I've been trying to install Komplete 12 on my iMac running 10.12.6, but Native Access is telling me there are problems with installation. I'm getting the "XLM processing error" message.

So, I thought maybe I should update my OS to 10.15/Catalina. But then I was reading about a ton of issues with NI products not working on that OS.

I'm in the middle of installing Catalina, but I can stop it. It will take another 3 hours, at least. If anyone sees this right away--should I stop it?

What is the workaround for me to get Komplete installed on my old iMac?

Best Answer

• jcshirke
    Answer ✓

It was a huge problem, apparently. I figured most issues were fixed, but I wanted to make sure that anything I would be using would still work. Not all products were updated. Some were left to die. Anyway, I'm installing Komplete 12 now.

Answers

• jcshirke

Follow up: I downloaded a legacy Native Access version and installed it on my computer. I thought surely this would solve my issue. Nope. When I launch NA, it automatically updates to the latest version, and I didn't see any way to stop it. Maddening.

• Tony Jones
    Tony Jones Member Posts: 261 Pro

Not sure where you read about Catalina issues with NI, whatever there were should be long since fixed.Many of us are on Monterey and having good success. I'm a hobbyist, so your use case may be different.

• jcshirke
    Answer ✓

It was a huge problem, apparently. I figured most issues were fixed, but I wanted to make sure that anything I would be using would still work. Not all products were updated. Some were left to die. Anyway, I'm installing Komplete 12 now.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod

@jcshirke So you installed Catalina in the end ? Everything is working now ? Even the preview library ?