Maschine stuck loading as Cubase Instrument (when not run as admin, win10)

CrackhouseDubs
CrackhouseDubs Member Posts: 4 Member
edited March 2022 in Maschine

Hi, for a few days now I've not been able to load Maschine as an Instrument in Cubase Pro 11. Wether I start a new project or use an existing template with an instance of maschine. First it takes a while until it even starts loading and then a small grey square appears and computer seems to stop loading. At some point I just give up and stop the cubase task in the task manager. It's all fine when I run Cubase as Admin though. But not when working within my windows user profile.

Reinstalled Cubase, reinstalled Maschine. Nothing worked. Checked some of the folder security settings also. When user profile had no permission to write I changed it accordingly. Unfortunately nothing helped.

Does that sound familiar to anyone? Would appreciate any help.

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hi @CrackhouseDubs could there be some interference from your antivirus? Are you able to load Maschine 2 in a standalone mode? 

• CrackhouseDubs

Hi, I disabled antivirus and firewall, no change. Also yes, I am able to launch Maschine in standalone mode .

It says "Protected Object Server" in task manager under cubase. That's where it's suck I suppose.

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,106 admin

@Jeremy_NI Have you seen this happen before?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Hey @CrackhouseDubs One of the first troubleshooting steps would be to make sure to run both Cubase and Maschine as administrator. This Protected Object Server error message seems to be coming from the E licenser from Steinberg. It might be worth updating or re-installing it. Also, you should use Cubase with a user profile with admin rights, or create a new one if needed.

• CrackhouseDubs

Hello @Jeremy_NI , thank you but I ran all the things you said. Reinstalled elicenser, opened both as admin, gave admin rights to my user profile. No change! It used to work (for a long time) but now it doesen't anymore. Called Steinberg with the idea it could be elicensor related. They said I can try to get rid of the soft e-licensor as al my licences are on the usb-licensor but it didn't help. They also said it's a NI subject as their program is working properly.

The only thing right now that works is starting cubase as admin. But I really would like to understand the issue here and work like I used to.

It all started two weeks ago when I installed a plugin for demoing purposes. I uninstalled it afterwards and might have mistakenly uninstalled a visual c+ redistributable file as well as I thought both programs were linked together. But I did get the latest visual c+ file and reinstalled after that to fix it. Can't tell if we should look into that direction to solve the problem. Makes not much sense to me (but what do I know about computer science)....

• Jeremy_NI

Hey, not sure what happened here but I suspect it has to do with permissions. Running the software as administrator overrides these permission issues, that is why we always recommend to Run these programs as administrator, in a permanent way: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-run-app-administrator-windows-10

• CrackhouseDubs

Thanks, will implement. ⚡️

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newcomer
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Jeremy_NI

Is this also happening in Maschine in standalone ? Is it on saved projects, in new projects ? Both ? What is your operating system ?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newcomer
    edited May 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Jeremy_NI

@HammyHavoc Could you post a screeenshot of that grey square ? In what DAWs is this happening ?