My Komplete Offers? pay to downgrade from Komplete 13 ultimate collectors edition????

Patlican
Patlican Member Posts: 7 Member
edited May 2022 in Komplete General

2021 Juli 2nd I Upgraded my Komplete Ultimate 12 to Komplete 13 Ultimate Collectors Edition for € 249,-

Now when I login and check "My Komplete Offers" I get the offers to update my software bundle to Komplete 13 for € 399,- or Komplete 13 Ultimate also for € 399,-

Where is the logic in this for it eludes me.

Best Answers

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,788 Expert
    Answer ✓

You probably have more Licences like Komplete Select, or so. I guess. And NI offers to upgrade those. There cases one may want to have more than one K13U CE on his account...

So, it is not downgrading your K13U CE to K13, but upgrading something like KSelect to K13....

• Kubrak
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓

@Patlican

Now If I hypothetically would sell My Maschine JAM I assume the Komplete Select version attached to that piece of hardware can be transferred to the new owner.

BUT If I sell my Maschine Studio hardware do I risk loosing all my upgrades and updates worth up to € 1350,-

Yes and no.

1) If you sell Studio/Jam, buyer receives bundled SW (Komplete Select and Maschine SW), but it may happen that bundled SW also stays at your account. It is new NI policy, that applies to newer HW. I am not sure if it applies to Studio or Jam. If not, you would loose that licence upon sale.... Better to ask NI.

2) Upgrades are not tied to certain Base Product. Any of required Base Products will do. So, if you sell Studio (and SW bundled with that will be removed from your account), your Jam's Komplete Select licence would become Base Product for your current upgrades. At least it was like that in past.... Again, better to check with NI beforehand.

Answers

• Kubrak
    Answer ✓

You probably have more Licences like Komplete Select, or so. I guess. And NI offers to upgrade those. There cases one may want to have more than one K13U CE on his account...

So, it is not downgrading your K13U CE to K13, but upgrading something like KSelect to K13....

• Patlican
    Patlican Member Posts: 7 Member

Hmmm, well now, checked my order history and registered products list

Komplete Selection is listed and I guess it came with the Maschine Studio hardware I bought June 2015. After registering my hardware I immediately Crossgraded from that version of select to Komplete 10 Ultimate.

This upgrade would be linked to the "Maschine studio hardware with Komplete select included" so that would not be the culprit.

BUT some time after I also bought Maschine JAM hardware and If I am not mistaken on registering that hardware again another version of Komplete select was added to my account.

So my guess now is that these offers I keep seeing are for this Maschine JAM Komplete select version.

Albeit somewhat confusing this is very Interesting.

Now If I hypothetically would sell My Maschine JAM I assume the Komplete Select version attached to that piece of hardware can be transferred to the new owner.

BUT If I sell my Maschine Studio hardware do I risk loosing all my upgrades and updates worth up to € 1350,-

• Kubrak
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓

@Patlican

Yes and no.

1) If you sell Studio/Jam, buyer receives bundled SW (Komplete Select and Maschine SW), but it may happen that bundled SW also stays at your account. It is new NI policy, that applies to newer HW. I am not sure if it applies to Studio or Jam. If not, you would loose that licence upon sale.... Better to ask NI.

2) Upgrades are not tied to certain Base Product. Any of required Base Products will do. So, if you sell Studio (and SW bundled with that will be removed from your account), your Jam's Komplete Select licence would become Base Product for your current upgrades. At least it was like that in past.... Again, better to check with NI beforehand.