Sub-categories for individual synths?

pranaearth
pranaearth Member Posts: 50 Helper
edited January 2022 in Social Club

I was wondering if anyone at NI would be amenable for making individual forums for each of the synths (Absynth, FM8, Battery) instead of the "Others" category?

Comments

• Simchris
    Simchris Member Posts: 239 Advisor

I have a hunch like many forums they will do so once a topic hits a threshold of activity. Just a guess.

• Tony Jones
    Tony Jones Member Posts: 261 Pro

I was admin on a forum where the owner set up dozens of empty sub-topics and we collapsed them all down to avoid lots of low volume areas. In some cases it took years to justify splitting off. Don’t forget you can tag things by synth

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,562 admin

Thanks @Tony Jones for sharing your experience. Exactly we decided to put all those synths under the "Others" category because we saw a low level of engagement around these topics in the old forum. We might consider splitting some of them off to new categories in the future, but for now let's keep it simple. 🙂

Curious though @pranaearth which synth would you wanna see having its own category? Maybe Battery?

• pranaearth
    pranaearth Member Posts: 50 Helper

It's just a personal preference @Kaiwan @ NI . I like everything in it's own space. I'll def get used to the new layout for sure!