How to reactivate NI products after a hardware upgrade?

Jean-Marc BOULIER
Jean-Marc BOULIER Member Posts: 2 Member
edited May 2022 in Native Access

Hi,

I have upgraded my CPU and much to my surprise, a Kontakt instrument I was trying to use (Session Strings 2) has turned into a "demo" version.

I can't find a place where I could reactivate it, and I can't find how to deal with that issue on the support page (in the FAQ). I can't find how to contact the support either...

Can anybody help?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jean-Marc BOULIER
    Answer ✓

It finally worked, but it took several steps. At first I got a pop up window with 3 options (buy / demo / activate) then I had another message telling me to go to NI Access and activate but there is no such command and everything looked normal in NI Access (serial numbers etc.)

Then I restarted Windows, rescanned my plugins and it worked.

Thanks for the help.

Answers

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

I think that running Native Access would do. It will contact your account to find out what licences you own and activates them again.

I have not been in your situation (upgrading HW), but I have installed certain plugins from installer and they were Demo. And after running NA they become authorised Full version.... So, I guess, it should work similarly in your case.

• Jean-Marc BOULIER
    Answer ✓

It finally worked, but it took several steps. At first I got a pop up window with 3 options (buy / demo / activate) then I had another message telling me to go to NI Access and activate but there is no such command and everything looked normal in NI Access (serial numbers etc.)

Then I restarted Windows, rescanned my plugins and it worked.

Thanks for the help.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

Yes, that is what I suggested. Just plainly start Native Acces. Nothing more is needed to do. It will do the job at startup without asking.