Failure Installing Analog Dreams

jcshirke
jcshirke Member Posts: 19 Member

Another failure. This time it's Analog Dreams. I spent 2 hours downloading it, and then NA gave me an error message that was too generic to be of any use. It just said installation failed. Wonderful.

Again, Mac OS 10.15/Catalina

Oh, Logic X is also buggy as hell now, too, and freezes when opening a new session after closing a previous one. It wasn't like that before the new OS install. And the only reason I installed the new OS was so I could install NI products, some of which do not work. Furious.

Best Answers

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,113 Expert
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓

Apple introduced tighter security measures in Catalina.

Have you checked that Native Access has "Full Disk Access" (guide here)?

• jcshirke
    Answer ✓

I will try this. Thank you. NA was listed with a couple other apps, but none of the boxes were checked. So, I made those changes. I have to quit NA to make the changes take effect, but I am over halfway through a 10+GB d/l of Session Strings, and the app wouldn't let me quit, even if I paused the d/l. So, I'll let it play out and see if it installs. If it doesn't, I'll just have to start over and hope your suggestion works. Thanks again.

Answers

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro

Have you run Speedtest on your I-net connection? If your DL speed is less than 10Mbit or you have excessive packet loss/correction, you may be getting corrupted installers. That happened to me on K13CE, especially on the >2Gb files.

• jcshirke

Just tested the speed b/c I know my internet service really sucks: 6 Mbit/sec. We've been wanting to change providers anyway, but do you think this is likely the issue? Vintage Organs failed, and the d/l was only 44 MB. The rest was on the Komplete hard disc.

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,113 Expert
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓

Apple introduced tighter security measures in Catalina.

Have you checked that Native Access has "Full Disk Access" (guide here)?

• jcshirke
    Answer ✓

I will try this. Thank you. NA was listed with a couple other apps, but none of the boxes were checked. So, I made those changes. I have to quit NA to make the changes take effect, but I am over halfway through a 10+GB d/l of Session Strings, and the app wouldn't let me quit, even if I paused the d/l. So, I'll let it play out and see if it installs. If it doesn't, I'll just have to start over and hope your suggestion works. Thanks again.

• jcshirke

Vintage Organs installed, so I'm downloading Analog Dreams again. You may have fixed the issue. Previews still won't install, but maybe everything else will now.