Changing presets via MIDI-CCs

UdoBehm
UdoBehm Member Posts: 73 Member

Hallo,

as far as I understand it is no more possible to change presets in Guitar Rig 6 via MIDI-CCs, is that right?

Does anybody have an idea of how I could configure my old Rig Kontrol 3 in order to switch through 8 presets in Guitar Rig 6, so that I could use each knob for one preset that Guitar Rig 6 would load when I press it?

Cheers,

Udo

Comments

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,046 mod

How to Use NI’s Rig Kontrol 3 in Windows 10 – Craig Anderton | Create · Innovate · Inspire this should work this way, you can set the "buttons" to pc messages as far as i know, if you need more help please ask.

• UdoBehm

Hi,

Yes, I know how this works with the old Controller Editor version.

However that doesn't solve my problem of how to quickly switch (pre defined/pre assigned) presets within Guitar Rig. In Guitar Rig version 5 I could assign MIDI-CCs to presets. Version 6 however doesn't offer this feature anymore as far as I know...

• Uwe303
    edited May 2022

OMG you are right, there is no way like you could do it until gr5, i don't use it with a controller myself. You could only use containers as a kind of presets, and with one button you enable one and mute all other seven, that could be a workaround until native integrates this function. If you are interested i can make you an example where you only have to learn the buttons and fill the containers - if it's possible to use 8 containers at once!

• UdoBehm

Would like to know, yes...

• Uwe303

Hello, i hope that helps a bit, if you have any questions i´m here..........

• UdoBehm

Ok, there you do everything manually, is that right? You can't store any presets, load or unload them quickly?

• Stuart Park
    Stuart Park Member Posts: 26 Member

I'm not sure if this helps but I have assigned MIDI notes to the each of the Next/Prev preset buttons so I can step through them one by one backwards or forwards. Then, if you have 8 presets, assign them all to a specific coloured dot (e.g. green) then filter your displayed presets by the greeen dot so only your preferred 8 are available. You can then step through the presets one by one so a maximum of 4 clicks to get to any of those 8. Would that be any use to you? I have these assigned to stomp pedals on the FCB 1010 foot controller.