[NKS] Freelance Soundlabs 3rd Party NKS Libraries for Komplete Kontrol / Maschine

Comments

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,535 Expert

Yeah not quite making sense to me.

When you say "displaying in Omnicphere as VIP with a "User Library Logo"" what do you mean by User library logo? Screenshot?

When you say they display as VIP in the KK menu but Creative on the hardware, can you show an example of this since the hardware controller should display exactly what is on screen and there is never a difference.

Did you delete the old library and replace it all with the new one (making sure to delete the whole Trilian folder) then rescan your user library?

If you click a preset then open the EDIT tab at the bottom and check Properties, what version of NKS library does it state?

Checking the library I updated which should be what is available for download, this is what you should see if the zip you downloaded states version 2.5.5

• Diam
    Diam Member Posts: 210 Helper

Sorry for the vague description.

I have attached two pics. In one, I have selected the preset using my Kontrol keyboard. Subsequently the Omniphere plugin displays a Trilian VIP user patch logo and reference. If I select the same preset by clicking the actual Omnisphere device, I get a different image and a Trilian Creative patch reference in the plugin.

• JesterMgee

Ok, so it is just what it is saying in Omnisphere... Ignore it :)

The name in Omnisphere was stored within the preset so it will still say VIP. The preset is no different between "VIP" and "Creative" it was just the name of the library bank that Spectrasonics changed. I did not re-process the presets again (as that would be time wasted for no benefit) I just changed the name in the NKS library and added the additional presets from the latest Trilian update so they are all correct, just in Omnisphere it says it is VIP still for the older presets.

I can look at updating the presets to fix this little issue but that would be waaaaaay down the list as it's not something I care about as long as the actual preset is loading correctly.

• Diam

No problem. Thanks for the clarification. Yes, it was just a visual representation. I am happy they are now organised, so appreciate your efforts here. If you do get an opportunity to do it somewhere done the line and if it is not too long a task for you, I would welcome the slight amendment. That said, I am happy with the current functionality, which really helps with exploring the vast number of presets I have. Thanks again.

• JesterMgee

I've added it to my tasklist as it is annoying, but cosmetic so given the time it will take to correct it's just very low on my priority list but maybe I will get bored one day or less likely, have some free tiome to do it.

In the NKS file I can see exactly where the name of the bank is stored and the latest Creative 1.5 have the new bank name.

However, it's not as simple as just changing this as changi8ng this and adjusting the length of the file causes the preset to become corrupt. I have not tried to change it at the binary level yet but I suspect the same problem will occur.

I could re-save these out but then it all has to be tagged which is what takes the most time to do however what I may be able to do is load each preset, reload it in Omnisphere (by clicking it) then resave the preset. I should be able to automate that but it's a little more complicated than that and given there are only about 150 presets that need this updating, it would almost be just as fast for me to manually click through and do it than design and test another script. All it will do is change the display of "Trilian VIP" to "Trilian Creative" in Omnisphere and display the creative artwork so nothing of any benefit.

• Diam

Really appreciate the insight and detailed description of the process. I am content with the current mapping and acknowledge you likely have rather more pressing tasks to work on. Pleased to know it is on your radar either way.

• JesterMgee

Now Available: Cherry Audio Lowdown

Latest CA instrument Lowdown is now NKS ready.

• JesterMgee

Spectrasonics Trilian Fix: Old "Trilian VIP" presets updated to "Trilian Creative" still showed "VIP" in Omnisphere when loaded

When Trilian was updated to v1.5 Spectrasonics updated the "VIP" bank to "Creative" for the Omnisphere hybrid banks, this is reflected across all Omnisphere hybrid banks now (such as Keyscape).

The NKS library had this bank name updated but a small issue was the old "VIP" name was stored within the NKS preset so when loaded it displayed this as the Omnisphere bank which also caused Omnisphere to display it was a "User Preset" although the actual preset loads just fine:

This has now been fixed in the latest library (2.5.6) version which you can download from your account Here

Just download and replace the Trilian folder within your NKS presets folder.

Additionally, I removed the (omni) end tag from these presets as this is not required. This (omni) tag is added because the Trilian library has both Trilian and Omnisphere versions of every preset, so this allows you to see what plugin a preset will open within, but the "Creative" library is only available in Omnisphere so this tag is not needed (was mistakenly left on when initially done).

• Home Studio
    Home Studio Member Posts: 51 Member

Thank U !...

• Diam

Excellent. Thanks for taking the time. Makes things a little more manageable for my brain now I can do away with the VIP category.

• JesterMgee

Now Available: Softube Statement Lead

Another Softube instrument is now NKS ready, maybe one day they will finish off their official NKS adaption (tho it has been years so not sure they are doing it anymore) but in the meantime please enjoy this library that has been fully tagged with full control map, sound previews and all the usual jazz.

Model 82 will also follow shortly.

• JesterMgee

Now Available: Softube Model 82

• JesterMgee
    edited July 2022

Now Available: Tone2 Warlock

Another Tone2 plugin fully NKS compatible and tagged.

Please Note: This is only compatible with Windows as there is no VST2 version for macOS. One day in the distant future when KK supports VST3 I hope to update compatibility but if you are a macOS user, like so many other things, you cannot use this on your system at the moment.

I have been asked also if I will be doing Saurus and unfortunately this one is not possible. The preset format used by Saurus is not compatible with NKS and so the save option is not available. Unless the developer Tone2 can address this it is not possible to make NKS for this instrument i'm afraid but all other Tone2 plugins are now NKS compatible.

• Chilled
    Chilled Member Posts: 22 Member

Love your products. Use them with Cherry Audio, Spectrasonics, UVI, etc.

• JesterMgee

Glad you are enjoying the workflow.