Help with mapping the crossfader in Virtual DJ for a Traktor Kontrol S8

DjBrittanyRose
DjBrittanyRose Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited February 27 in Mapping Traktor

Hi, I tried the VirtualDJ forum and no one replied. I was hoping to get some help

I have the newest version of Virtual DJ, and am trying to use it with Traktor Kontrol S8. I downloaded the drivers, and chose the controller in my settings, but the problem I am running into is that my cross-fader will not go over to deck A on the software. I can fade it from the middle over to about the 34% mark, but I can't get it to go all of the way over so that deck A is the only audio playing. I've tried rebooting VDJ, rebooting laptop, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for the S8 and uninstalling and reinstalling VirtualDJ.

I have tried to change the settings in the mapping section of the settings but nothing has worked. Could someone help me and perhaps give me what the exact mapping should say (a screenshot would help me so much) There is nothing wrong with the controller as it works just fine in Traktor Pro software.I work for a wedding DJ company and the owner wants us to only use Virtual DJ , otherwise I'd just use Traktor.

Thanks so much.

Tagged:

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,034 mod

Hello,

can you send a picture from the mapping in virtual dj?

• hdelplan
    hdelplan Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

I know it’s slightly off topic but are the s8 screens working with VirtualDJ ? Thanks

• Michael Niotakis
    Michael Niotakis Member Posts: 54 Helper

@DjBrittanyRose, is the crossfader working in Traktor? I'd expect the S8 just loads up the default mapping once detected.

@hdelplan , I can confirm the D2 screens work so expect the S8 should too.